Video Files on Forum ×

PX 5S midi out issue

jonjmusic

Why have you disabled all midi out functions if you are using it as a midi controller?  What did you press to do this?

And as Scott pointed out, you must have 2 zones enabled and overlapping if you are getting double notes.  Your track also must be recording 2 zones at once.  Either the zones on the PX-5s are configured to send on the same midi channel or your DAW track is configured to record two channels at once. 

Your original question was how to disable the keys in a zone:  Press....Edit>stage setting>zone edit>mixer edit>key range hi and low>set it to one key somewhere off of the 88 keys.  Only controllers enabled in that zone will work.   

I want to send note info and controllers. I'm trying to to figure how I can set each zone to function as one. I just want a simple 1 channel note on and off, with the ability to use sliders as controllers. Right now, all zones are set from Bb 0 to G9, and are broadcasting on Channel one. Somehow I am getting nothing as far as midi out is concerned.

My post above was edited while you were replying.  Please reread it.

To add, why do you have all zones sending on the same channel?  And why are using multiple zones?  In the first post, you said you wanted only mod wheel and expression.  The last post, you said you wanted notes and controllers.  One zone can do both. Or, two zones can do each part separately.   I am still confused about what you are attempting.