Video Files on Forum ×

privia piano sounds

Rocknrolldentist

Hello and merry christmas--I love my privia and all that it can do, however, for me it is missing a true grand piano sound--something akin to a Yamaha grand piano--bright and crisp.  The rock piano sound comes close however, has a kind of bellish sound (hard to describe). I tried E Qing but it still falls short.  Is there a download for a more authentic concert grand piano sound, as previously described--and if so how do I download it and apply it to my keyboard? Thanks so much--I've been searching everywhere for this piano sound!!!  Glenn

I say play the rock piano or factory 0-0 concert grand.  It's an incredible 9 foot grand piano and was sampled beautifully.  It's world famous and made in Hamburg, hint hint.  

These are variation pianos I made. Try them.

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/files/file/567-old-upright/

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/files/file/841-band-grand-room-grand-1-2-3-piano-set/

• Like 1

Hi Brad-- The sample of grand pianos do sound like steinways--but, unfortunately for me, I much prefer the brightness of A yamaha grand. The samples on the privia do not sound that way--no offfense meant. I kind of like your piano sounds better--they're brighter--So Im  looking for that bright, full, rich sound--I'd like to start by downloading your piano sounds.  I'm terribly technologically impaired-- could you give me some quick instructions of what to do? further, where do the downloads go when uploading them to the privia?  I do hope you don't think Im too much of a p.i.a. but I have a very discerning ear and know exactly what I'm listening for.  Thanks for your help!

Hi scott-- I downloaded the file to my computer but when I plugged the flashdrive in and hit the file it still came up with "there is no default appilcation to download this file".  How do I get this file to transfer to my flashdrive so I can get it to the PX-5S? I FEEL LIKE A REAL MORON...  By the way, I saw some download from a person named Jerry Kovarsky--Does he happen to come from NJ?  If, so I may know him.....  Glenn

You don't open the file on your Mac, you drag it to the MUSICDAT folder on the USB stick. Once it's copied there, you can eject the USB stick from your Mac, put it in your PX-5S, and load it there. The "loading sounds" video should show you how to load them from the USB stick.

Also, the USB stick needs to be formatted a certain way. Your best bet is to take a blank one and format it on your PX-5S before you insert it in your Mac. How to do that may be in the same video but I'm not sure.

Hello All-- Thanks sooooo much for your patience and explanations.  I got the stage setting downloaded, so one more question. The stage setting is sent to wherever I choose to send it and I can find it at that particular stage setting. 1) does it erase the tone that was there from the original tone bank and 2) how do I find this new tone in the list of tones to the left. I do find it at the chosen stage setting but cant seem to locate it in the left hand list. Please clarify.  Thanks again!!

1) It overwrites the stage setting only.  No tones in the tone area will be affected.  

2) The new tone exist only in the stage setting.  You could write the tone in this stage setting to the tone area, but with one major caveat.   In the case of this piano, I used master EQ as part of the sound design.  If you remove the tone from the stage setting, it will no longer sound the same.