Video Files on Forum ×

Already Starting To Think About Improvements For The CT-X5000.

skyy38

For one, even with the advanced AiX sound engine, CASIO has only provided 64 note polyphony for the 5000.
The MZ-X500 has 128 poly with the MXi sound engine, which is one step BELOW the AiX.

THIS, does NOT "compute" because an advanced sound engine should HAVE 128 poly, in order to prevent "voice stealing" and "drop outs."

WHY "drop down", in these terms, unless CASIO came up with a brilliant "work around" to this conundrum, that most of us don't see yet and especially, the fact that the 5000 has a 17 track sequencer?

Second, why ONLY a 4 band Global EQ for the MASTERING FX? What's wrong with a Limiter on the same basis ?

Third, in order to prevent unneeded "Menu Diving", the 5000 should include 4 "instant" reverbs and 4 "instant" limiter or compression settings, like they did with JUST the reverb ( but just 3 settings) on the WK-1350.

The WK-1350 was a brilliant example of the above, PLUS it also had buttons on the face of the rig to access different functions almost instantly. If you wanted to go from "record" to "mix", it was THAT easy!

Bring back the two tier sliders ( 8x2 ) for faders, and add 8 knobs for the pan function, so that we don't have to menu dive, anymore than is necessary. 

In other words, make the most BASIC of recording functions available on the FACE of the Keyboard, instead of having to "look for them." From the "Face" anyone should be able to choose a tone, a rhythm, and a track to record on.
And from there, make it just as easy to mix down and add effects.

More later, I'm sure.....

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
I have the CT-X 5000 here.
I thought he has a lot of work for the basics.
Putting numeric shortcuts as codes doesn't work at all intuitively.
Your new sound engine may have new articulation possibilities but I don't think it beats the MZ-X.
 The MZ-X may have a higher sound card. 
Using DAW Sonar with the official script I noticed that it does not exactly obey instrument changes
 and Channel 9 with 10 come into conflict when using two different drum kits.
 There was an improvement in reading record changes compared to the CTK line and there is no more bug in registration exchanges.
 What did did not like me was the lack of physical buttons for UPPERS AND LOWERS.
 It is difficult to switch real-time sounds with one button.