Video Files on Forum ×

Don't want to buy a Casio because there are too few rhythms?

Hi all,

For a long time I have wanted to buy a Casio keyboard - perhaps a MZ-X300 or CTK-7200.

However, I have not bought any Casio.

The main reason is there are too few extra rhythms that you can download from the internet. I know that I won't be able to make my own styles so I rely on other people's styles.

As you know, sites like Yamaha PSR would give you thousands of free styles.

Why can't the Casio community do the same? I wish more people will do this.

My sincere thanks,

I've played alot of the Yamaha styles-there is software that can act as a "front-end" for playing these styles from a computer, and auto-accompaniment software that can be connected through midi usb to your keyboard, one possibility. I don't hear much of an improvement between "stock" Yamaha and Casio styles really. I use the Yamaha QY series modules (QY-100, 70 and 10) for the variety of styles those provide, which broadens the pallet considerably and those styles are quite different than most-and since these have a setting for triggering chord accompaniments through a connected midi keyboard, I use these for making any keyboard an auto-accompaniment instrument. Trouble is though, these only have the older style midi "DIN" ports, not a midi usb-eliminates using these with several of the Casio keyboards that don't have midi din connectors.

On 5/22/2018 at 4:11 PM, fantasyvn said:

Hi all,

For a long time I have wanted to buy a Casio keyboard - perhaps a MZ-X300 or CTK-7200.

However, I have not bought any Casio.

The main reason is there are too few extra rhythms that you can download from the internet. I know that I won't be able to make my own styles so I rely on other people's styles.

As you know, sites like Yamaha PSR would give you thousands of free styles.

Why can't the Casio community do the same? I wish more people will do this.

My sincere thanks,

Hi i understand your feelings because i feel the same about that and like you i am not able to make my own styles because of a lack of knowledge and skills at the moment i hope that i will be able to do so in the future but at the moment i rely also on other people styles. So i will make a call to every one who can make styles to share them in this community and make them available for download that would be very nice. Although the CT X 5000 is a very good keyboard and the lack of free available styles is for me not a reason not to buy it.

On 5/26/2018 at 3:17 PM, Richard6504 said:

Hi i understand your feelings because i feel the same about that and like you i am not able to make my own styles because of a lack of knowledge and skills at the moment i hope that i will be able to do so in the future but at the moment i rely also on other people styles. So i will make a call to every one who can make styles to share them in this community and make them available for download that would be very nice. Although the CT X 5000 is a very good keyboard and the lack of free available styles is for me not a reason not to buy it.

AGREE.... Now that we have keyboards where we can do our own creating and sharing, we should do it.  This wonderful website makes it possible.  

Casio's strong committment is to music education. That's a big part of why their features are so good.  Maybe there are some teachers ( other than myself ) here, and we can also start a little teaching thread to jump start some community creativity.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...