Video Files on Forum ×

Assembling Drum Parts for a Song

I just bought a CTK-6200 and I really like a lot of the pre-canned drum parts.  For example, I can select a drum kit and then audition the normal, intro, fill and variation parts of that drum set/pattern.  Is there a way I can build up a whole song made up of these drum parts?  For example, the first measure would be the intro part, next 4 measures would be the normal part then a fill and back into 4 more measures of the normal part, etc.  The idea would be to build an entire song made up of drum parts that I can play back and rehearse to.

• 4 weeks later...

Place your recorder in record mode as you would for recording directly from the keys, one track at a time. Make sure the track you are about to record is the "system" track, not any of the other tracks, I believe track one is the system track. Now just play the WK auto-accompaniment patterns as you would if playing live-hit intro, variation, fill, ending and the system track is recording exactly what you are doing. If you switch from one variation to another after 8 bars, the system track records this. When you hit the fill or ending button this is recorded also and exactly at the point you push that button.  Now you have an entire auto-accompaniment drum pattern recorded as a Casio song, make sure you save it, I don't remember the save function I'm sure its in the manual somewhere!  and after recording to that system track, don't forget to switch to another track if you are going to record other instrument or tone parts to add to what you now have, otherwise you will erase the system track and have to re-record your parts. 

• 1 year later...
On 6/30/2018 at 4:35 PM, Jokeyman123 said:

Place your recorder in record mode as you would for recording directly from the keys, one track at a time. Make sure the track you are about to record is the "system" track, not any of the other tracks, I believe track one is the system track. Now just play the WK auto-accompaniment patterns as you would if playing live-hit intro, variation, fill, ending and the system track is recording exactly what you are doing. If you switch from one variation to another after 8 bars, the system track records this. When you hit the fill or ending button this is recorded also and exactly at the point you push that button.  Now you have an entire auto-accompaniment drum pattern recorded as a Casio song, make sure you save it, I don't remember the save function I'm sure its in the manual somewhere!  and after recording to that system track, don't forget to switch to another track if you are going to record other instrument or tone parts to add to what you now have, otherwise you will erase the system track and have to re-record your parts. 

Hello to all, I believe that the real question is: "how can we design a song with the drums setting but without pressing the keys (due to the non experience playing drum with keys and commit a lot of errors playing like thiat?"