Video Files on Forum ×

Can I connect a mic to Audio In in my PX 560?

Gaurav

• 1 month later...

Thanks Brad. I am sorry for such late response form my end.

I guess i'll take the out from mixer to line-in on my PX 560 & not to Audio-In.  Please correct me if I am wrong. I just play and have no knowledge for such technical matters.

Lastly, once the voice reaches the piano, is PX-560 capable to adding any effect to the vocals like reverb, delay etc. ? 

Thank again.

Gaurav  

• 1 month later...

Hello Brad,  I'm finally sorted. I bought a Yamaha MG06X. Took the output from mixer's Phones to Aud-In of PX560. Since my room is not big, the out from piano's on board speaker are sufficient for now. Thanks for your help. 

By any chance, can the vocals coming into PX560 be recorded on MIDI or Audio recorder? I tried with no success. Thought of asking experts on  this forum.

Thanks, 

Gaurav

• 11 months later...

Hey Everyone.. I am new to this forum. I just need to clarify something.

I spoke to Casio's tech support department regarding the issue of using a microphone with the PX 560 so one could record their voice or sounds from the mic onto the device's on board sequencer/audio recorder. The tech rep at Casio said you cannot, even through the line in jacks. But, I think that is incorrect from what others are saying. I believe you can, as it seems in these forums. So yes... or no?

Secondly, are you able to record audio and midi simultaneously on the PX560, or PX360 (Since it is a similar keyboard)? I know it has a separate midi and audio recorder on board. But, what if you wanted to sing while playing and record both at the same time without another device or DAW app? Can all be done on the keyboard? I don't think so but wanted to ask.

Anyone know for sure?

Phone tech support may have misunderstood the question.  The PX-560 does not have a direct microphone input, so you can't directly connect a microphone to the keyboard without some sort of microphone preamp.  A mixer or mic processor can be connected directly to the PX-560 line inputs and a microphone in turn connected to the mixer or processor.  The line input of the PX-560 can be recorded to the USB audio recorder of the keyboard.  You can play anything on the keyboard at the same time sound is coming through the line input and all of that will be recorded to USB as an audio file.  The "audio in"put jack on the PX-560 can't be recorded to the audio recorder.  Hope this helps clear things up. 

• 2 years later...

The keyboard's connectors are mono (TS), not balanced mono (TRS), although I'm not sure if a microphone connected directly will work. Maybe you can try the Audio In instead (1/8 stereo miniplug), as it has a volume control. The manual doesn't even mention a microphone anywhere. I'm afraid you will need a mixer or something.