Video Files on Forum ×

Registration doesn't recall system settings

Adrian Mitev

Hi! My px-560 doesn't want to register/recall the system settings. For example I want to store the metronome beats to 0 I remember this at a particular bank and position and after I restart the piano and select that particular bank and position the tones are there but the system settings remain the default. I checked the Registration menu and all the filters are turned off there. The firmware version is 1.15. The piano came with this version. I also tried the factory reset but nothing changed.

Is this an expected behavior or is a bug in my piano?

The appendix shows that tempo should be recalled with a stored registration. I haven't played around with registrations much yet, but I'll try this and see what results. I also have version 1.15.

By system settings, if you mean those "global" to the  entire instrument, you must turn on "auto resume" in the system settings to save a huge number of things. I can't tell if this has anything to do with saving registrations, not having tried it but it might since a registration is dependent on many of these other settings being retained-the items within a registration. I'll try this too, let me know if you come up with something that works.

I just got mine a few weeks ago, and despite the usual complexities of a hybrid auto arranger/almost workstation, this is an amazing board.

Aftet looking this over for 2 more seconds, it appears the tempo settings should be saved in the system track if you reocrd any information in that track. and this should be saved in the song file, only if you are recording a song or midi arrangement, correct? Not in the registration, even if it is saved. OK glad we got this straightened out. Next problem...