Video Files on Forum ×

Looping envelopes within tone editing

Jokeyman123

I know I am pushing the envelope here (oops sorry unintentional pun really) but I am wondering if is it possible to update the PX560s firmware  to give us the ability to loop part of the envelope within tone edit? There are synthesizers that can do this, even if it is only one part of the envelop-typically it would loop any section, similar to setting loop points when sample editing. I am probably asking the impossible, but I am trying to create morphing types of evolving sounds with tones and the hex layers with some success, but being able to loop part of the tone's envelope could get even wilder than it already is, and it already is pretty wild! Or if anyone here can suggest any tricks they might know to simulate this effect (AlenK maybe or Brad?) I am having more fun than a barrel of monkeys with this PX560-just hex-layered a bunch of sine waves with different pitch envelopes all over the place and almost made myself have a seizure listening to it! :taz:     Everything I wanted from the PX350 and then some wooo-hoooo!

Coming up dry. Heck, I couldn't even get the XW-P1 to do that (although on the XW-P1 it is possible to modulate the various envelope time parameters of the solo-synth with an LFO, which at least provides some more variability).  

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a firmware update that adds any true functionality to the PX-560. Maybe it might get another bug fix update but probably not even that. 

OK Brad-I didn't think about LFO as a possibility. for example-working with a pitch envelope with a simple triangle or any other wave-as part of the envelope I create a specific  pitch change using attack time and amount of pitch change-I am using the 4 parts of the envelope to create different pitch changes at different points in the envelope which I have done-now if I could set a "loop point" between 2 specific parts of the envelope-to repeat that section only, and then finish the envelope's remaining parts on key release, or the same concept with the amp envelope or filter-I know this is kind of an esoteric programming idea, but I could create even more complex sounds over time-more evolving textures. I guess i am remembering how many interesting sounds the CZs could make due to the 8-stage envelopes which were very unique at the time (still are).

I didn't try this as Alenk posted with my XW-P1 although I think he is onto what I am trying to do, with an LFO. Firmware-I am not moaning about firmware...please! I am happy with 1.15! But if you have any ideas i could experiment around with-I have posted some of my hex layer work here already, I'd like to do more-not that the factory hex layers aren't already quite accomplished-but I'd like to contribute a few more of my originals. I did much programming years back with the CZs which was tons of fun. Now this, woo-ee!