Video Files on Forum ×

playing other keyboards through casio

igor

i need to play my korg kronos through the input of  mzx 500 but in no way i can obtain a sound clean and NOT distorced  for the kronos- i tried to regulate the levels  in balance menu but no way!!! is it a question of impedance? is there a solution?

Other problem: where is it possible to balance the PAD volume as in the balance menu i dont find PAD regulations?

3 hours ago, igor said:

i need to play my korg kronos through the input of  mzx 500 but in no way i can obtain a sound clean and NOT distorced  for the kronos

How are you listening? i.e. through the MZX's internal speakers? (vs. external speakers, or headphones) And when you say "no way" to obtain a clean sound, you mean even if you make the Kronos very quiet? Or is it clean when you make it quiet, but then just too quiet? If the latter, you could try using EQ and turning down the bass on the Kronos, as the MZX speakers can overload pretty quickly if you send it a signal with too much bottom.

3 hours ago, igor said:

where is it possible to balance the PAD volume

Are you using the pad to trigger samples? If the pad volume is too quiet, one thing you could try is going into the pad's setting and turn off the velocity response. That's assuming it's a sound you don't need to control with velocity, of course.

• Like 1

In addition to what the guys above said, 

Pad volumes are adjusted with the mixer and saved as a registration.  The mixer parts necessary to adjust depends on how each pad is configured by the user.  Sampling pads are always mixer port A part 7.  However, phrase pads are the mixer port and part each pad is configured to use.  Open the mixer and play a pad to see which part is being used, adjust that part.  

As far as input levels, cursor completely to the left in the mixer to see the external input volume.  Make sure it's not set too low.

2 hours ago, Jokeyman123 said:

Which outputs are you using coming out of the Kronos? If you use the headphone output you might have some trouble getting a good sound, otherwise I don't know.

no, i use 1-2 out put in the back panel

1 hour ago, anotherscott said:

How are you listening? i.e. through the MZX's internal speakers? (vs. external speakers, or headphones) And when you say "no way" to obtain a clean sound, you mean even if you make the Kronos very quiet? Or is it clean when you make it quiet, but then just too quiet? If the latter, you could try using EQ and turning down the bass on the Kronos, as the MZX speakers can overload pretty quickly if you send it a signal with too much bottom.

Are you using the pad to trigger samples? If the pad volume is too quiet, one thing you could try is going into the pad's setting and turn off the velocity response. That's assuming it's a sound you don't need to control with velocity, of course.

thanks everybody for answers:  i listen both with mzx 500 speakers and with M audio bx8 speakers trough saffire focusrite audio scheda (not in the same time), in pc. If i make the Kronos very quiet, i dont'hear distortion but the volume of mz500 sounds cover the ones of kronos...

1 hour ago, Brad Saucier said:

In addition to what the guys above said, 

Pad volumes are adjusted with the mixer and saved as a registration.  The mixer parts necessary to adjust depends on how each pad is configured by the user.  Sampling pads are always mixer port A part 7.  However, phrase pads are the mixer port and part each pad is configured to use.  Open the mixer and play a pad to see which part is being used, adjust that part.  

As far as input levels, cursor completely to the left in the mixer to see the external input volume.  Make sure it's not set too low.

thank you Brad! i'll check soon!

about pads: ok, i found the correspondent part knob, but if i lower it (midi phrases) then also the part i'm playing with right hand get lower at the same way and so i  am again at the starting point!!!

about the first i resolved making casio enter into kronos, all good!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I discovered while trying to run Ipad Garage Band..guitar strumming into MZ-X when i hooked to 1/4inch Line In left/mono input it sounded bad and not convienient to adjust volumn..but if i go into 1/8th inch  Audio In  it sounds great and the volumn knob on back isnt that hard to reach..the first time i used during church worship song, the choir looked around asking "where is guitar coming from?"