Video Files on Forum ×

editing DSP settings on WK-6600

GMS

Got this keyboard about 6 months back and posted a couple threads then about tone editing which got some good replies that helped me figure things out-now I've started looking at using the DSP settings-

Reflections

Delay

Distortion 

Wah 

to apply to the EP sound I use -

Appreciate any feedback from people who've gotten into using these in terms of which of the different DSP options for each produce the best results as well as the parameter settings used.....

Another very popular ep effect used by Steely Dan, Doobie Brothers and others was a strong phaser effect. Even the leslie or a fast tremolo effect will work with ep sounds IMO. I've also noticed, at least with the PX560, the reflections DSP really beefs up alot of sounds, but without too much reverb. Seems to make the acoustic sounds fuller and more present. Very effective DSP.

JM123-Thx for posting-took a look at the PX560 manual-nice keyboard!!

I don't think mine has the same settings for the Reflections DSP as yours(saw you have 6 diff ones,if I'm not mistaken on mine there are more, w/options for different types in each )re-specific settings you used transferring to mine ...but just generally do you recall what kind of settings you used?.I.e if yours sets the feedback amt parameter between 0-127 where did you set it?The one I messed around with I found worked @30 and the reverb send @ 83 ...just a little bit of effect to give it some space in the mix without a lot of pronounced effect is what I'm looking for(using it for recording)....