Video Files on Forum ×

PX 5S did NOT boot up - on 2 separate gigs

dbluemuse

yikes - 2 times the Privea did NOT boot up on gigs! but 2 hours later they did ?!-

once it was left set up in the sun (with it's black case covering)  and another 

at a Ranch with a couple of power surges - off and on and off and finally not on

the read out said cannot locate media ?!!! I created  a new thumb drive after the first disaster 

and now I am totally confused with much angst as to what to do on all future gigs ?

can anyone relate to this?  can you recommend a repair shop in Los Angeles? or Denver 

Wow, Brad he needs to use power filters and surge protectors I think. I used Tripplite big box filters that prevent voltage surges and  dropouts, as well as noise filters (noise in AC lines from other electromagnetic and light sources even) can ruin equipment when playing in many venues.  Hope you get back to running dblue. One venue convinced me-in the middle of several songs my keys suddenly produced a tremendous electrical noise and my sounds dropped right out-thought my keys were ruined but thankfully elsewhere it worked fine. When I went back there with a multitester-90 volts was coming out of the AC outlet, and was not steady-was a poor electrical installation apparently. Unless this happenedto the PX5s  running on batteries-most wall warts or internal power supplies do not have sufficient line conditioning to prevent tremendous problems in some venues.I was a nervouse wreck from thereon in, always nervous this would happen again.  Spotlights with faders are also notorious computer-controlled instrument killers. Have had trouble  plugged directly into an AC outlet in some stage settings with alot of spots.