Video Files on Forum ×

PX560 demos-who?

Jokeyman123

Listening to these demos again after ignoring them for awhile-especially impressed by demo 2, 3 and 5-who played on these? Anybody know? I liked the 7/4 section in demo 2 I think it was-also a little stride electric piano in demo 3. Something lacking in Nessun Dorme-maybe it's lack of some warmth and vibrato with the strings-and dynamics ah well how can a keyboard compete with Bocelli or Pavarotti's marvelous instruments-their voices, unfair comparison-like comparing cheap beer to Dom Perignon or even Amaretto (no offense to Casio which is better than cheap beer certainly).     :cop:     :beer:

Yes, the built-in factory demos on the PX560, real nice.  Sounds like either one very talented player, or possibly a few considering the rhythm, bass (nice jazz bass solo in the jazz demo) and keyboard tracks. Demo 2 is stylistically similar to the older Chick Corea work from the synth days of Return to Forever before he went back to mainly acoustic piano. But then I have heard some very talented Japanese musicians more recently who seemed very intent on picking up this style that was tended to be labeled fusion-the blend of tricky jazz changes with more upbeat rock rhythms and more complex "heads" or hooks for themes as they older bebop players used to spring their improvs from. If Ed Alstrom didn't do all these-maybe there was little help on that side of the ocean? I'll look up Ed Alstrom-thanks Brad.

I think you answered my question Brad. Whoa, a very impressive resume-and he was a NJ guy-born in the same town as my wife! Twilight Zone time! No wonder the keyboard chops on these demos are so good-I hate it when musicians are better than me!

:hitt: Only kidding. Makes me happy...we were practically neighbors...He played the organ at Yankee Stadium after Eddie Layton retired...very impressive and... (quoting his bio)

Ed was at Casio Inc. in Dover, NJ, where he was the Product/Marketing Manager for the Keyboard Division for the better part of 16 years. He had design input with Casio's R&D in Japan with the musical instruments, and composed and arranged a lot of the music that went into them for many years.

http://www.edalstrom.com/bio.htm

But most impressive....he figured out how to get a player piano to play in reverse with a vacuum cleaner....now that tops everything. God bless us, everyone!:spacecraft-1:    Back to the mother ship!

• Like 2