Video Files on Forum ×

PX560 auto resolution function

Jokeyman123

The answer to this may be posted here somewhere but-I am still not clear what the description in the manual is describing comparing auto resolution off/on for the 3 control knobs. What is the difference between the 2 settings? Does the incremental change always revert to zero when changing tones with either or both? I guess I am asking 2 questions. In other words, if I am using the control knobs as set from the factory for low, mid and high eq settings, how does the resolution on/off setting differ for these as i switch around to various functions-selecting tones, working with the mixer or working with hex layers? I can't seem to get this straight even after listeing-sounds like the knob settings stay the same as I switch tones, but I haven't figured out how this works with the mixer-must be my jigsaw puzzle brain, missing a few pieces.:hitt:

OK-it is used to change the basic function of the controller knobs-to make it easier to fine-tune cc messages that will need the smaller incremental changes-such as a filter sweep or smooth volume/pan setting. If I were to want to jump through a range of cc values, I would switch it on? Or is it the opposite? For example, some cc messages are simply on/off such as turning effects on or off-so I would want to br=e able to turn the knob only a little to do that, instead of swinging it in larger movements such as changing a cc for volume, filter, resonance etc.? I guess I need to experiment around a little to see what is actually happening, or rather to hear it. Midiox would probably show me what I need to know too. Thanks again Brad.

I thought I remembered this post about auto-resolution was here already-this post about firmware also contains Mike Martin's description of the 2 functions available with auto-resolution, and why it is designed that way. Very good. also my brief descritpion of the PX560 sequencer, before I realized it had no cut and paste function for editing recorded compositions. but I've never run into the loop bug some have described. Thanks all.