Video Files on Forum ×

Does CTX 700 support Chordana play app?

jibin.jacob3

• 4 months later...
On 9/29/2018 at 2:21 PM, Brad Saucier said:

You'll want to check the app description for full details.  It can work as a standalone app, without a keyboard.  To use the keyboard link function, the keyboard must have a special app button.  The only models with that are LK-265, CTK-2500, CTK-2550, and CTK-3500.  

I awake this old thread because I think I just gave a wrog advice ...

So it doesn't work on Privia PX series or Celviano?

To clarify, there are two versions of Chordana.  The original question was about "Chordana Play".  That version is for portable keyboard models.  Another version is called "Chordana Play for Piano".  That version works for certain Celviano, Privia and CDP models, including the new PX-S series where it works as a touchscreen for controlling settings in the keyboard. Currently supported models for Chordana Play for Piano are AP-470, AP-270, PX-870, PX-770, CDP-S100, CDP-S150, CDP-S350, PX-S1000 and PX-S3000.

Check out the link to learn more.  

https://web.casio.com/app/en/piano/

• Like 1

I was a bit confused by the similarly named programs thinking they were the same.

Ok, I have found it and tried the functionality. To be honest I find difficult to use on a small phone screen, and seems to me that isn't possible to havie the piano roll to loop on a section, or maybe I haven't read the instructions.

Yes, she bought the CTK3500 and the keyboard is pretty good (for starters). You might be able to hear the actual sound quality on a good pair of speakers. Even with the inbuilt speakers, it was decent (esp the pianos and organs). The keybed is similar to the CTK6300IN and not like the old CTK1200.

The Chordana play app was functioning with the AUX cable. The dance music stuff was something that really caught my attention, because it sounded quite professional.

Overall, it's a nice keyboard for beginners.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

This information is old or inaccurate, I have a CTX-800 and I use Chordana with a A to B USB cable (same as printer cable) and a USB OTG adapter.
Works properly, plays midi from the mobile app on the keyboard, pauses and continue properly when using learning mode. Keys plays and shows properly on the app.

Purchase the CTX700/800 it will work ok with chordana.

To clarify, the MIDI based learning functions of Chordana will work with any USB MIDI capable keyboard.  Additional more advanced functions are in the app and will only be enabled when connected to a compatible Casio model.  Always check the app description on Google Play or the Apple App store for up to date details on compatibility and features.