Video Files on Forum ×

PX-360M Volume of Audio Recording to USB

ValyenSongbird

Hello again, lat time I asked here I got my answer and I am hoping for the same second time :D

I searched whole Privia section and unfortunaltely found no answer, the same with manual.

I am often making my music by recording some MIDI stuff, importing it to my DAW program, edit and then put it back to Privia, to choose some tones and dig a bit in tempos and balances.

Then I put my USB in and just record it as and .wav file (audio recording) to later use it as a demo for vocals, and here the problem is:

Do I have any control upon VOLUME of the audio recording to the USB drive?

Since main volume wheel doesn't make any difference. And usually the audio is a bit too low in volume, I have to enhance it digitally in my DAW which is of course costing me some quality.

Any help here? :)

Check your part levels on the keyboard.  If you're playing a piano recording, make sure your mixer part or balance menu for the piano tone is set to 127.    The recorder level is fixed in order to allow headroom in the recording for many layers of sound, which can get much louder than just a few sounds.  It's actually possible to clip the recording if things get too loud.  I always normalize my recordings using a DAW.  It shouldn't cause any ill effects.

On 11/4/2018 at 6:11 AM, ValyenSongbird said:

Yes, I dug into part levels and all are adjusted as I wished them to be.

My problem isn't that the recording to Audio Recorder is too loud - for me it's too low actually. Plus, apart from the result, I just wish to have CONTROL over the loudness effect but cannot find it anywhere ;)

I agree It is not loud enough.

You may use DAW to adjust the level of your audio.