Video Files on Forum ×

Casio Trivia

Brad Saucier

"a condition in which the placenta partially or wholly blocks the neck of the uterus, thus interfering with normal delivery of a baby."

I will never look at a Casio Previa the same way again! 😱😱😱😱😱😱

Oh hang on, it's "Privia" not "Previa"....

😂😂😂

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jokeyman123 said:

Personal aviary piano

You were actually getting warmer there. 

Okay, I'll reveal all. 

Answer: "Privia" is the combination of two words. It means "Private Piano".  

The origin story behind the name and development of the Privia series is interesting.  In 2013, for the 10th Anniversary, several members of the original development took the time to write what they remember about working on the project.  I found it very interesting and it reveals just how much effort went into what we see today.  The link to it is below. Don't forget to click the links on that page to read all three interviews.  

http://arch.casio.com/emi/privia-10th/en/interview01.html

Edited by Brad Saucier
  • Like 2

I tell musicians often-the next time you criticize the Japanese, Chinese or other far eastern civilizations making of instruments-consider. These civilizations were perfecting beautiful performance instruments thousands of years ago-I found this out when I began studying the history behind the Chinese and Japanese cultures-partially motivated by my father's military training with the language and customs, the martial arts (we were expected to know about the Japanese culture and traditions) the repertoire we performed at school in the NJ percussion ensemble-much of which was derived from Far and middle Eastern musical forms. I have much respect every time i sit at my Casios-and is the reason i can't seem to part with even the older PX575. Thanks Brad for the link, very nice.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Once upon a time GODZILLA did not start out as such- he had a different name, which was GOJIRA.

CASIO was paraphrased/changed in a similar way, owing to the four brothers who first started the family business.

What was the last name of the brothers, originally?

6 hours ago, skyy38 said:

Once upon a time GODZILLA did not start out as such- he had a different name, which was GOJIRA.

CASIO was paraphrased/changed in a similar way, owing to the four brothers who first started the family business.

What was the last name of the brothers, originally?

"Kashio" IIRC!

In other original name that got changed on release trivia. The classic arcade video game "Donkey Kong" had no donkeys in it. That's because it was originally called "Monkey Kong", but the translation to English wasn't done correctly and "monkey" got mistranslated to "donkey". 

This 'tradition' still continues today with instructions manuals for Chinese products (the Japanese are generally much better at translating nowdays). Often Chinese manuals are described as written in "Chenglish"! Quite amusing to read the badly translated instructions, i.e. "use screwdriver to happily circulate screw into abyss, then place board majestically vertical for episode 2." 😂

• Like 1

So

Kashio was the original founding family name of the company we now call Casio. Reading over Casio's history quite interesting. I had fogotten how much time I had spent with several Cassiopeias I had owned for quite a few years, were very useful at the time released. Great color screens on the later ones. So our large color PX  screens were already a part of Casio's dna, I had forgotten. Were also touchscreens I recall.

On 12/26/2018 at 6:16 PM, Chas said:

This 'tradition' still continues today with instructions manuals for Chinese products (the Japanese are generally much better at translating nowdays). Often Chinese manuals are described as written in "Chenglish"! Quite amusing to read the badly translated instructions, i.e. "use screwdriver to happily circulate screw into abyss, then place board majestically vertical for episode 2." 😂

I think most people aren't reading manuals. I like LIDL products because their manuals are very detailled for cheap products. But most people don't mind reading the manuals and ond expect them on cheap gizmos.

I still have somewhere the manuals of my first IBM compatible PC, there was a detailed description of the motherboard, with even the schematic diagram, in a good English. And was Made in Taiwan.

• Like 1