Video Files on Forum ×

Using modulation button for controlling the speed of the rotary effect in CT-X5000

Shad0wfax

Hi everyone,

I’m new to this forum, although I’ve been playing keyboards and synths since the 80s. I live in Barcelona and I’ve had gear form several different brands such as Yamaha, Roland, Korg, Kawai and, of course, Casio. My latest purchase has been a CT-X5000, which I consider that it has an outstanding value for money. It’s got plenty of features and it sounds very good, especially considering the price. IMHO it’s as good or even better than a Yamaha PSR-S670, which I was also considering, but which costs about $200 more here in Spain.

Well, now my question. I would appreciate some help regarding the following point. I’m used to use the modulation wheel or the pedal for switching between slow/fast speed of the rotary speaker effect in organ sounds, but in the CT-X5000, quite oddly, modulation is programmed in organ sounds to apply a vibrato effect, instead of controlling the rotary speaker. I’ve been reading the user’s manual in order to find is there’s the possibility of changing this and use the modulation button to switch between slow and fast speed, but it seems quite complex to do this and I haven’t been completely successful. I know how to change the action of the modulation button from momentary to continuous effect, and to switch between vibrato and DSP parameter control. After digging into several menus fort changing parameters, for some reason I’ve been only able to control the speed when using the OD (overdrive) rotary effect, but not when using the “normal” rotary effect. I don’t know the reason, because I’m doing exactly the same in both cases. Perhaps I’m doing something wrong, but I’m clueless. So the point is: is there a simple and easy way to use the modulation button on the CT-X5000 for controlling the speed of the rotary effect?

Thank you in advance! 😊

Welcome to the forums!

22 minutes ago, Shad0wfax said:

So the point is: is there a simple and easy way to use the modulation button on the CT-X5000 for controlling the speed of the rotary effect?

Yes. The easiest way is to install the registration bank and organ tones Mike Martin programmed.  Check it out at the link below.

• 1 year later...
On 1/5/2019 at 6:19 AM, Brad Saucier said:

Welcome to the forums!

Yes. The easiest way is to install the registration bank and organ tones Mike Martin programmed.  Check it out at the link below.

Hi Brad, how do you install these? Sorry for all the basic questions. I'm just used to laying keyboards, not tone editing or anything like that. 

17 hours ago, Theov39 said:

Hi Brad, how do you install these? Sorry for all the basic questions. I'm just used to laying keyboards, not tone editing or anything like that. 

I made a video on it.  The section about loading the files starts around 1:30 in the video.  Once you have the files copied to the MUSICDAT folder on your flash drive, the steps in the video will take it from there.  Although it's not the highest production quality video, it should help. 

• Like 1

Thanks Brad. That is really helpful. Love the sound of the CT-X5000 but really struggling with the menu system and manual. Wish someone who write a layman's guide to the CT-X5000 the same way you see guide books written for particular cameras. 

In case someone has missed it, I did find this video helpful for working on tones:

Brad, I loaded the tones like you suggested and it all went well BUT after I loaded the Registration to Bank 0101, all the tones I had previously registered under 2-8 disappeared and it defaulted to the factory loaded tones for those registration buttons. Why do you think this is? 

Those that registration independently control the rotary speaker function (regardless of whihc tome you are in) or ONLY for the new tones that you provided?

Thank you!

I'm not sure why that would have happened to bank 2, if the registration bank file you downloaded was installed in bank 1.  Were the tones saved in bank 2-8 preset tones?  

Mike Martin created the organ pack.  It's designed to install as an assembly of pieces.  The registration bank file and tone files are intended to work together.  Preset organ tones are not necessarily designed to work with it, although some may.  You would have to try them.

• 1 year later...
On 9/20/2020 at 5:51 PM, Brad Saucier said:

I made a video on it.  The section about loading the files starts around 1:30 in the video.  Once you have the files copied to the MUSICDAT folder on your flash drive, the steps in the video will take it from there.  Although it's not the highest production quality video, it should help. 

Thank's is wery informated for me, but some of files is ORGAN1.RBK, it's not readable from flach drive in USB at keybord? and fast and slow function is not ok, is not red light at Modulation/assignable