Casio

Privia PX-S1000, 3000

Yamaha 

CP-73, 88

Roland 

No new releases?

6 hours ago, sslyutov said:

“Aftertouch” because NAMM is over.

Okay then, "aftertouch" is a pun. Perhaps one day I will understand your unique sense of humor. Speaking of touch, did anyone here at CMF visit NAMM and actually touch something?

9 hours ago, Shad0wfax said:

Not strictly for NAMM show, but Roland has recently released the Go:88 and the FP-10 entry level digital pianos.

Also Yamaha has released the weird looking PSR-E360 🤪

As far as I know Go:Piano 88 was released prior to NAMM. ($399)

FP-10 seems like the latest product (it was on NAMM).

I know the type of keyboard they use (same as on DS). This looks like a good product.

I like Roland's approach for BT interface.

It is BT MIDI, it makes the whole difference.

FP suppose to be $499.

PX-S for some reason is missing BT MIDI. Instead, it includes BT Audio like it's an amplifier.

"Perhaps one day I will understand Casio's unique sense of humor" 

PSR-E360 - did you see the maple edition. What is it - 50th (hopefully).

3 hours ago, AlenK said:

Okay then, "aftertouch" is a pun. Perhaps one day I will understand your unique sense of humor. Speaking of touch, did anyone here at CMF visit NAMM and actually touch something?

Good question.

I aimed there last year. To my surprise, I've found out that is it not open for public.

You can gain a membership but it is not as simple as just paying a fee.

16 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

Perhaps Casio engineers are pickier about latency than some other brands.  

Next year they will add BT-MIDI. What you will say then? ;)

Actually, it is a good subject but I did not hear complains about latency on BT MIDI.

11 minutes ago, sslyutov said:

Next year they will add BT-MIDI. What you will say then? ;)

I would say they made an excellent decision in waiting that extra year or two. Most manufacturers I know are hesitant to update their MIDI specs right now because the new MIDI 2.0 standard is going to be rolled out in the near future. Better to stick with USB-MIDI (as that will almost certainly maintain backwards compatibility) and wait a bit to see if you can implement features that will capitalize on the added versatility of the new MIDI protocol. Why make small MIDI updates a focus right now when you can wait a bit and make huge advancements with the new spec?

https://djtechtools.com/2019/01/23/midi-2-0-is-coming-prototyping-of-new-generation-of-midi-devices-underway/

35 minutes ago, Chandler Holloway said:

I would say they made an excellent decision in waiting that extra year or two. Most manufacturers I know are hesitant to update their MIDI specs right now because the new MIDI 2.0 standard is going to be rolled out in the near future. Better to stick with USB-MIDI (as that will almost certainly maintain backwards compatibility) and wait a bit to see if you can implement features that will capitalize on the added versatility of the new MIDI protocol. Why make small MIDI updates a focus right now when you can wait a bit and make huge advancements with the new spec?

https://djtechtools.com/2019/01/23/midi-2-0-is-coming-prototyping-of-new-generation-of-midi-devices-underway/

I can leave without BT MIDI. Just embedding MIDI Audio instead of BT MIDI changes(slightly) the purpose of the instrument.

• Like 1