Video Files on Forum ×

PX560 midi recorder clock

Jokeyman123

I think I already know the answer, but want to be sure before I waste any more time. Can the PX560s sequencer/song recorder be externally synced with another midi recorder/player? Looking at the mid implementation chart, it looks like the answer is no. If no, this is a sad limitation. That added to not being able to use any external controller to record into the PX560 midi recorder is reminding me how serious some of these limitations are-I hate to be reminded this is still more of a digital piano than a workstation. A shame, it's so close. Throws me off, every other keyboard I've owned with an internal sequencer can record using external controllers, and can be synced to external midi drum machines, sequencers and anything else that can send clock signals including many digital audio recorders. Please, a firmware update could solve all these problems. This is the ultimate Casio with 88 keys, make it into a full-blown workstation already!

Thanks Brad. I guess the only workaround for this is what? I suppose transferring my PX midi files to a software sequencer that has sync and use that to sync other midi devices that can receive clock signals.  I need to record my wind controller's midi output to the PX560 but not possible apparently. So the workaround would have to be recording midi from the wind controller into another module or software, save as a midi file and transfer that to the PX560. If I wanted to combine an existing PX560 midi recording with that recording...it is getting a little complicated. I am not clear as to how to get this done, since I cannot record external gear to the PX560.  Maybe somehow with the PX audio recorder recording  external audio in from its audio in  (my wind controller recorded as midi but played as audio out from laptop) plus recording the PX560 exisitng midi recorder arrangement at the same time-sort of a kludged mixer function, without needing any more external mixers? And I guess this setup will work (2 audio tracks combined) for live audio recorded into the PX while recording the midi arrangement as audio-I've done that-say acoustic guitars, voice etc.?