Video Files on Forum ×

Saving / backing up arrangements

Melissa

Hi everyone! This is my first post on this forum. I just learned about the CT-X3000 a few days ago and I'm really excited about it! I hope to get one soon. I have a question about saving arrangements. I see the sequencer/recorder can save up to 10 songs. Is there any way to save those / back them up so you can keep them and create new arrangements? I know I can send the midi note information to my computer, but is there any way to save everything on the arrangement? Including the effects and all song information? Before posting I did my due diligence and searched and looked at old posts but didn't see the answer.

Thanks!

Melissa

Brad is correct. The file format is .MRF, a proprietary Casio song format that includes all the extra information embedded within the system track (tempo changes, rhythm controller operations, effects types, split and layer play etc) as well as the standard 16 tracks of note data you would expect from most MIDI sequencers. You can load them in one at a time via flash drive or in bulk when connected with a computer using the Data Manager for CT-X software.

If you’re using a lot of custom tones or DSPs in your compositions, be careful that those custom tones stay organized and consistent in terms of their locations in memory. When these tone selections are encoded into MRF data, User Tones only point to their locations in memory (ie Program Change 0-99 in Bank 65). If you run out of User Tone slots and you have to back them up to flash drive, be careful that you put them back in the right spot when you import them later, otherwise compositions that use those tones may call up wildly different voices when you try to play them.

Fortunately there are 100 User Tone slots to work with so you shouldn’t run into memory limitations for a good long while. I played it a little fast and loose with the copying and clearing of User Tones when I first got my X3000 and my poor recordings were thrown all out of wack. Learn from my mistakes; only YOU can prevent file mismanagement! B)

Also note that you can play back compositions in the form of audio (WAV) files on your flash drive, which is great if you like to create backing tracks in external software like a DAW.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Здравствуйте.Casio CT-X5000.Проблема с сохранением; этот вопрос стал для меня актуальным,так как 10-ть ячеек памяти не позволяют хранить достаточное количество мелодий. Делаю по инструкции-не получается сохранить.Захожу меню-функцион-медиа-сейв. Далее выбираю вид данных которые нужно сохранить.Мои записи-это я так понимаю-Пользовательские записи.Тут 2 варианта MltRec- расширение MRF и MltR SMF-расширение MID (только сохранение). Пробовал и так,и так. В первом варианте вообще не записывается,а во-втором почему-то записалось только соло без аккомпонемента. Флешка отформатирована.Помогите,что я не так делаю?

31 минуту назад Jokeyman123 сказал:

Перевод?

Hello. Casio CT-X5000. The problem with saving; This question has become available for a sufficient number of tunes. I do according to the instructions, I can not save. I’m going to a menu-function-media-save game. Next, 2 options MltRec-extension MRF and MltR SMF-extension MID (only for preservation). Tried it both ways. Actually recorded only solo without accompaniment. The flash drive is formatted. Help me, what am I doing wrong?