Video Files on Forum ×

End of MZ X500?

jibin.jacob3

Has Casio stopped manufacturing MZ X500? Sellers in India say, these are out of stock. I hope Casio is planning to launch something better. I'll wait till 2020 for something better. 

(Previously, I was confused between the MZ X500 and the PX 560 but when I made up my mind to buy the MZ X500, can't find it and neither can I find  anything even closer to the MZ X500.)

6 hours ago, jibin.jacob3 said:

Has Casio stopped manufacturing MZ X500? Sellers in India say, these are out of stock. I hope Casio is planning to launch something better. I'll wait till 2020 for something better. 

(Previously, I was confused between the MZ X500 and the PX 560 but when I made up my mind to buy the MZ X500, can't find it and neither can I find  anything even closer to the MZ X500.)

Still available at many retailers in the USA. Perhaps your local retailers have stopped carrying it. Looks like Casio is still making them.

https://www.casio.com/products/electronic-musical-instruments/music-arrangers

It's missing in the Italian site:
https://www.casio-europe.com/it/prodotti/strumenti-musicali/

And in UK site:
https://music.casio.co.uk

And neither there is found:
https://www.casio-music.com/euro/

There are some on sale in some shops online, but they seems to me that are remaining stock..
Maybe the arranger is marketed only for US/Canada??

3 hours ago, jibin.jacob3 said:

One of the local sellers made it clear that the MZ X500 has been discontinued.

Retailers will often say this when they have no stock or have decided not to carry a product. They don't want you leaving the store to purchase the product elsewhere. They want to sell you something they have in stock. Sales 101. 😉

• Like 3

Australia list it as current but similarly, no-one is stocking it - my local retailer sold off a few at less than 1/2 price - Casio literally produced this keyboard and didn't bother marketing it. Can't imagine it will survive now - VERY disappointed!!!! Will probably end up getting rid of mine.... :(

Pete 🙂

1 hour ago, jibin.jacob3 said:

Thanks Mike! But I inquired with a Casio representative also and he said that Casio has stopped shipping  Casio MZ X500 keyboards to India. I also called various vendors across India and it was not available .So, will it be available in India in the near future? Should I wait? 

I have no idea about distribution in India. I can't make any recommendation. The only business that I'm aware of is here in the USA, Canada and Mexico.

8 hours ago, Muso7 said:

Australia list it as current but similarly, no-one is stocking it - my local retailer sold off a few at less than 1/2 price - Casio literally produced this keyboard and didn't bother marketing it. Can't imagine it will survive now - VERY disappointed!!!! Will probably end up getting rid of mine.... :(

Pete 🙂

Wish my retailers had them for 1/2 price! I'd pick up another one! 😉

Here in Europe it seems impossible to get a new MZ-X500. All retailers have run out of stock and the last units were sold at very aggresive prices, as in a clearance. It seems that now it's only available in North America.

If Casio is still producing new units in the Chinese factories, this raises the question of why it's not available in most countries, as this would be quite a nonsense from a business point of view. Luckily I got one of the latest MZ-X300 units available in Europe at an incredible price :)

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Shad0wfax said:

Here in Europe it seems impossible to get a new MZ-X500. All retailers have run out of stock and the last units were sold at very aggresive prices, as in a clearance. It seems that now it's only available in North America.

If Casio is still producing new units in the Chinese factories, this raises the question of why it's not available in most countries, as this would be quite a nonsense from a business point of view. Luckily I got one of the latest MZ-X300 units available in Europe at an incredible price :)

🙂 Carrefour does it too.

In Italy you can buy only one store-brand moutarde,  in a really sad plastic bottle, and it's also very bland. Thre are we

https://www.carrefour.it/Ricerca?isNoF=false&search=senape

You pass the border and find tens of store-brand and branded moutarde.

https://www.carrefour.fr/r/epicerie-salee/huiles-vinaigres-condiments-et-sauces/moutardes

I don't know why they are doing this...

--

Mike the moutarde smuggler

I've been trying to save £500 for a while for a new or used MZ-X500, and now I've finally got that amount spare, it's sod's law that I can't find it anywhere!

Is there a successor to the MZ-X500?  What I'd like is an arranger keyboard geared towards dance/house music, so it would mean that it would have the ability to make my own beats, and preferably to stick with CASIO.  I went from a CTK-601 to a WK-3500.  Both were fab with synthesiser function to make your own sounds, and the latter could import extra beats off the web.  I just want a keyboard where I can make my own beats and I think the MZ-X500 was meant to be ideal for that.

On 3/22/2019 at 1:55 PM, Benjy said:

I've been trying to save £500 for a while for a new or used MZ-X500, and now I've finally got that amount spare, it's sod's law that I can't find it anywhere!

Is there a successor to the MZ-X500?  What I'd like is an arranger keyboard geared towards dance/house music, so it would mean that it would have the ability to make my own beats, and preferably to stick with CASIO.  I went from a CTK-601 to a WK-3500.  Both were fab with synthesiser function to make your own sounds, and the latter could import extra beats off the web.  I just want a keyboard where I can make my own beats and I think the MZ-X500 was meant to be ideal for that.

Benji, you might be in luck.  MusicStore.de has the mzx300 for $300, about 1/3 the cost of it here in the USA.  Unfortunately, its Casio policy that prevents this German store from selling it to me in the USA.   Perhaps that's not the case for England, but even if it was that'd give you an excuse to make a trip to Cologne Germany.

The X300 is obviously not the X500, but at $300 the X300 is about the best deal I've ever seen for a keyboard.  

And the MZ-X300 is currently at 299 € on the same website:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Casio-MZ-X300/401569700945?epid=1384050887&hash=item5d7f6b5c51:g:4KwAAOSwyQVcXUO0

I hope that Casio will do some follow-up. It would be very cool to have an AiX based board with HEX layer and all the physical controllers of the MZ-X500. Wait and see...