Video Files on Forum ×

Before I buy one...

Doug Flather

The stock rhythms do not have these time signatures, and I'll check out the preset arrangements although I don't think these include either. I can create any rhythm you need that will be compatible with the PX560-I think I already did a 5/4 in my user rhythms and can upload any rhythm here in the Casio forum-I have a dozen or so  customized rhythms already in the forum uploads area for the PX560 in ckf format, but not 7/8 or 5/4. I am a multi-instrumentalist so I can do any parts you need-brass, winds, bass/guitar, percussion no problem.  I will check this out later today on mine. Thanks Brad for the heads-up.

Hi Jokeyman, 

thanks very much for responding. You sound like an expert!

i now play a px 160 in a jazz standards combo, using a Beat Buddy to cover drums. I do need the intros, fills, alt beats and endings. 

Im considering the 560 because based on what I read

1. I’ll retain the great feeling key bed 

2. The acoustic piano tone will be as good if not better. 

3. I’ll be able to use on board drums, and eliminate carrying separate gear for drums - reducing complexity, and

4. I’ll have the option to split and play a solo instrument (trumpet, flute, B3...) from time to time. 

Forgive my ignorance, but are you saying I can add additional drum beats to this instrument if they are not included from the factory?

Another question if I may, in your opinion are the solo instrument sounds high enough quality for professional use? I’d need to be better than typical GM sounds. (We play thru a high quality Mackie PA )

Thanks again for your help!

Doug