Video Files on Forum ×

Getting Chordana to work

jonahj

I must be doing something very basic incorrectly.  I downloaded Chordana  to my IPad but can't get it to recognize my 3000.   The manual says to connect it using the devices USB port, but an IPad doesn't have a USB port.  I tried using the cable that I used to charge the IPad, and plugged that into the keyboard's USB port, but it doesn't connect to the keyboard.  

First, make sure you have the 'Chordana Play for Piano' app.  That is the correct app.  There is another app simply called 'Chordana Play'.  That's not the one we want here.

Second, your iPad has to be connected to the USB-B type port (25 in the picture below), not the USB-A type port (26).  iPad's with a Lightening port will need a camera connection adapter and a standard USB-A to USB-B (printer cable) to make this work. iPads with a USB-C port can be connected using a USB-C to USB-B cable.    

Screenshot_2019-05-01-13-04-08-01.jpeg

• Like 2

Just to make sure I understand, I have to purchase two additional items:  A lightening to USB camera adapter, and then a USB a to B adapter?

I've checked and I've got the Chordana for Piano app.  

Thanks, 

I am not so lucky.  I just got a USB Type A female to female adaptor so that I could connect a USB Type B cable with a Type A male end to my android charging cable (i.e. Type A male to USB micro connector).   Chordana for Piano STILL will not recognize the Casio PX-S3000!!!  Any other ideas on how to fix this?  Is there some other way of verifying that I have conductivity from the PX-S3000 to my android phone?

17 minutes ago, havingfun said:

I am not so lucky.  I just got a USB Type A female to female adaptor so that I could connect a USB Type B cable with a Type A male end to my android charging cable (i.e. Type A male to USB micro connector).   Chordana for Piano STILL will not recognize the Casio PX-S3000!!!  Any other ideas on how to fix this?  Is there some other way of verifying that I have conductivity from the PX-S3000 to my android phone?

For Android devices, you'll need to make sure your phone or tablet supports OTG (On-the-go).  There's apps on Google Play that can confirm the support. If it is, you're good to go.  You'll then need a USB OTG adapter.  That adapter connects to the phone, then a standard USB A to USB B cable can connect to your PX-S3000.  Android devices with a USB C port do not need an OTG adapter.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

here's some feedback to run Chordana on Custom Android Roms (Lineage OS)

After searching I found this thread:

If this file doesn't exist, all you have to do is copying the "android.software.midi.xml" to

"system/etc/permissions/android.software.midi.xml"

This requires a rooted phone (with Magisk?)

After putting the xml in the correct directory (with Totalcommander?)

reboot your phone

Succesfully tested with Samsung S5 (LineageOS 14 / Android  7)

May it helps you...

Greetz, musicus

android.software.midi.xml

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Jean-baptiste said:

Are you telling we need to buy a 45 € adaptor to be able to use this “free” app?!? 
Why haven’t you designed the piano to be able to connect with the usb A ?! It looks like a joke 😞

I assume you are talking about the Apple camera connection adapter.  Apple requires the camera adapter on their Lightning port for use with any USB MIDI device, not just Casio.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

I assume you are talking about the Apple camera connection adapter.  Apple requires the camera adapter on their lightening port for use with any USB MIDI device, not just Casio.  

Yep, it's the current state of affairs with Apple Lightning devices. It works really well for me with my iPhone 6 and PX-S3000, but I use it for so much more. The camera adapter also lets me use several brands of USB microphones (Apogee, Samson, A-T) and several USB-MIDI controllers I've gotten my hands on with my iPhone 6. I originally bought the camera adapter to use a pre-Lightning Apogee MiC with my iPhone to greatly improve the audio quality on videos. I now use it for audio and/or MIDI input with a number of iOS apps including GarageBand, and various looper and video apps. 

• 1 month later...

Why is the A port not enabled? It’s hard to get these adaptors out here, I’ve now ordered a OTG to USB Android and a supposedly compatible low-cost iOS Camera Adaptor at a cost of $36.45

These pesky items go astray, I think I already have an Apple Camera Adaptor from 5 years ago I can’t find. 

MUCH BETTER to build-in the circuitry since you know everybody will have to then buy this extra gadget to access the devilish operating system!

thanks,

Barry

• 3 months later...
On 1/6/2020 at 1:03 AM, Barry Ian Moore said:It’s hard to get these adaptors out here, I’ve now ordered a OTG to USB Android and a supposedly compatible low-cost iOS Camera Adaptor at a cost of $36.45“

Where is “out here” that they don’t have standard printer cables? And you can get non-Apple connection kits for $19usd, or less for just a lightning to USB dongle or a female A to female A connector. I think I’ve seen them for about $8 for the former and suspect the latter are even less.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can’t get my CDP-150 to connect to the App. I’ve used USB B to A, A female to A female, A to lightning cable to my iPad Pro and it still says “this function requires a connection to a compatible digital piano” when I click on Piano Remote Controller.

I bought this piano over a month ago and it’s taken this long to get all the right cables and still doesn’t connect. Am I doing something wrong? I’m at a loss.

21 minutes ago, Samm said:

I can’t get my CDP-150 to connect to the App. I’ve used USB B to A, A female to A female, A to lightning cable to my iPad Pro and it still says “this function requires a connection to a compatible digital piano” when I click on Piano Remote Controller.

I bought this piano over a month ago and it’s taken this long to get all the right cables and still doesn’t connect. Am I doing something wrong? I’m at a loss.

Do you mean CDP-S150?   Are you using an Apple brand lightning to USB camera adapter?  

• 1 month later...

I just bought the Casio psx3000 and have installed the Chordana Play for Piano on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5" Wi-Fi Tablet 128GB.  As expected the "traditional"  USB port does not work.  What cord do I need  to successfully make this connection? and can you guarantee it will work?  I cannot afford to sink much more money into this investment.