Video Files on Forum ×

Volume malfunction

dama

The volume on my PX-5S gets very loud at times, by itself and it cannot be turned down by using the volume knob. The volume will be turned all the way down, but the will still be sound. An intermittent problem that is getting more frequent.

If I turn it off and then on again, it works a little while and then becomes uncontrollable again.

Does anyone else experience this and is there a solution?

Yes  I am using 1.13. when it was happening less frequent, I reloaded the software. Lately the problem has been happening each time I play. Sometimes the volume will return to the regular level and then back to the uncontrollable level. Usually it gets triggered when pressing the keys a little harder. I'm thinking it has to do with a bad connection or circuit board. I'm not good at repairing this type of problem, so I guess I need to find an authorized Casio service center in central New Jersey. Anyone have experience with on around here?

Central NJ-how far are you from Dover, NJ? It's in Morris County and is very accessible if you want to take a road trip. I'm across the Delaware river north of Sussex County but can get to Dover in about45 minutes or so with good traffic. This is the main US headquarters for Casio on the East Coast and with repair facilities in my experience. If you call, you can probably walk in or ship it to them directly. I had to do that with my XW-P1 when I scrooched it updating the firmware incorrectly. Brad's solution is better if you can get a local tech but keyboard techs are hard to find, even in my populated area.  Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Thanks Jokeyman. I think bringing to Casio in Dover is a good idea, since they probably know the keyboard inside and out. I would feel more comfortable with them looking at it. I'll get their number and call.

• Like 1

Let me know how this works out. I met Mike Martin there too. Personally handled my repair ticket-what a guy! And although I do some tech work myself, it's always good to know there is a Casio repair facility available should I need it, which I probably will sooner or later, given all my Casios and my constant playing! But of all of these-the PX350, 575 and 560 plus the XW, I have had no problems in about 4-5 years except the firmware update which I could not repair and was partially my fault-if the firmware update is interrupted on the XW, it will pooch the entire keyboard and the CPU board must be replaced, but Casio was able to restore it. I don't think any other Casio has that vulnerability. I have posts here about that.