Video Files on Forum ×

Midi Recorder: MIDI REC TYPE SELECT differences?

Popsel

1886414429_MidiRecTypeSelect.jpg.b0793396087829f6fa2c28ea93c578f3.jpg

Hello,
I am currently learning the recording options of the MZ-X Midi recorder. My MX-X500 firmware version is 1.60
For the overdub options there is the point "New" and "Re-Recording".

I do not understand what the difference between the two options is.

In the instruction manual "Re-Recording" is not mentioned.

Who can explain the difference?

Regards
Popsel

If the MZ is the same as the PX560 recording options which it looks like it is except i have no "overdub" possibility..grrr....re-record allows you to record the same single track over again without changing any other settings you have already recorded-in other tracks or on this one (tone selection, pan, efx send, other mixer settings that will have been recorded in the single do-over track or other tracks that have been recorded, including the system track. if you select "new"-at least on the PX560, this resets everything to a default condition, as if you have not recorded anything at all, and whatever other settings are already established-which can be system settings, any of the other midi recorder tracks, mixer settings and registrations-remember whatever registration you have already selected-even if you haven't selected one (in other words, whatever was there when you started recording), whatever is already showing in your menu startup screen, is also recorded when you start your first recorded track, if you start with the system track. This registration is 'retained" if you use the re-record function, but is set back to its original registration-factor default registration I believe, if you use the "new" recording option. Another little trick took me awhile to figure out-your tempo setting will only be recorded on the system track-if you record any other track first, your tempo setting will not stay where you initially set it up. I always set the tempo and run record for the system track just to establish my tempo for all the tracks, even if I don't record any other data-tones, rhythm accompaniment etc. Sorry to be so long-winded, I think I answered your question somewhere in here!

• Like 1