Video Files on Forum ×

How CDP-S350 compare to a PX-360M ?

peplum

Hello,

Need mainly a piano function, and possible as much funtions as PX-350. Already have a PX-350.

I Need an equivalent for a second home. I don't know the marketing difference of the CDP range.

I see "too much" pianos in the casio range today that are quite comparable :

PX-3000

PX-360M and

CDP-S350.

Brad may correct me on this, but I think the new CDP series does not use the same sound samples as the 350, 360.  Polyphony on CDP is 64 voices (from Casio's website), PX350/360 256 voice polyphony. PX350/360 have 17 track sequence/song recorders, CDP has 6-track song recorder. CDP runs on batteries, PX needs power supply although I now use small portable battery packs-although Casio maintains using anything other than the Casio power supply will void the warranty which is understandable.

I love my 350/560-both sound fantastic for piano playing.  I use the 6-track song recorder design on the older PX575 and it is tougher to program multi-track compositions than with the 17-track PX350 but I can do that and it works-within its limitations although honestly the PX350  song recorder is somewhat limited for multi-track recording too but the extra tracks make it worth keeping for me at least. The CDPS is more compact, but I can still carry my 350/560 under one arm, an amazing thing in itself. I play an older cdp135 at one of my student's homes, and am impressed with it's piano action and samples, I didn't think the CDP series would be so good, especially in an older model. I solve these problems by buying all of them, but then I am a little nutty with equipment, I need the "cone of silence" around my house. I shouldn't have grown up with engineers in the family, arrggghhh!

Hello. My concern is the S-350 is 140€ cheaper than the 360M because they seem almost identical from the functionnal point of view. The CDP-S350 is more recent.

I would like to know what I could miss if I choose the cheaper option.

Is the mechanics/the touch of the keyboard of less good quality than the 350/360M ?

7 hours ago, peplum said:

They seem almost identical from the functionnal point of view. The CDP-S350 is more recent.

I would like to know what I could miss if I choose the cheaper option.

Is the mechanics/the touch of the keyboard of less good quality than the 350/360M ?

Functionally they're all very different. The PX-360M has a 5.3" color touch screen interface. It also has many direct access controls which makes it very fast and easy to use.

The mechanics / touch of the CDP-S350 is a new action, similar on the action that is in the PX-S1000 and PX-S3000. The action is not less quality than the PX-350/360.

Sound quality is pretty subjective, you’ll have to judge that for yourself. The CDP-S350 is built on the AiX sound source found in Casio’s CT-X line of portable arranger keyboards, whereas the PX-360 uses the AiR sound source. In terms of preset tones, your experience with the PX-350 will be a good reference point for the PX-360 since it also uses the AiR sound source and came out around the same time. If you want to compare that against the newer AiX tones, Casio uploaded some tone demos for the CT-X700 on their SoundCloud page that you can find here. The CDP-S350 is basically just a CT-X700 that’s been scaled up to an 88-key digital piano, so these demos will give you a very good idea of what to expect from the S350 sound quality-wise.

One huge advantage of the PX-360 is that it has built in tone editing features that make use of the touch screen, so if you plan on doing a lot of sound tweaking and synthesis, you’ll definitely want to spend the extra on the PX-360. On the CDP-S350, you’re limited to the preset tones (although you can add preset reverb, chorus, and EQ effects to modify them a little bit). The PX-360 also has a dedicated mixer menu that will let you adjust the individual levels of your layered and split tones, as well as each of the individual voices in the accompaniment parts. The CDP-S350 does not have the ability to adjust volume between layers and splits, and can only alter the volume of all the accompaniment parts as one group.

They also differ in terms of connectivity and MIDI implementation, which is another area where the PX-360 clearly outshines the CDP-S350. Do you plan to use your digital piano with any external hardware synthesizers, or perhaps some VST software running on a mobile device or laptop?

Thank you for your time.

Finally,

360M is 740€

S350 is 533€

PX-S3000 is 890€.

There was an error on the price of the 360M when I initiated this post.

So my PX-350 is an Air and S350 an Aix.

Will have a deeper look into the information you gave to me.