Video Files on Forum ×

Chordana Play forPiano connection error

Yossi

Hi again,

I'm trying to connect my iPhone to the PX-S3000 using the Apple lightening adaptor & USB cable option, as documented in the online Chordana Play for Piano manual. 

IMG_3829.thumb.PNG.c9ebae0c022e84ac8223fb71436f92c1.PNG

Unfortunately it's not working.

Also getting an error about the USB 2.0 and/or 3.0 Hub using too much power...

Any tips? 

Thanks for any help!

Yossi

IMG_0395.PNG

Initially, I had problems connecting but went to the Apple store and got the lightening adapter.

Not the one you show in your post.

The one I got only has the USB connector.

Chordana works great.

That said, this may not be your issue.

I'd suspect the USB cable...

Try another one?

Well worth the quest, because Chordana really helps.

Thanks. I can't really imagine why the one you're using would work and the other one wouldn't.... They're both Apple lightening-USB camera adaptors. And the one I'm using actually lets you charge your iPad/iPhone...and I can hardly imagine going to a gig with my iPhone or iPad running the Casio but unable to charge! What can I say? This is frustrating and not a little absurd. 

Yossi, is the USB printer cable working fine for everything else?  Can you connect the PX-S3000 directly to a computer with it and get a MIDI connection?  Does it work well on a printer? 

Does the Apple camera adapter work well with other things?  Does it work well connecting your phone to other devices like a computer keyboard or camera?

• Like 1

Thank you, Brad -

I’ve finally managed to try a different lightening adaptor with the PX-S3000. To my great disappointment, the second adaptor didn’t work either. 

Also: deleted app, re-downloaded Chordana Play for Piano, put the iPhone into flight mode, fired up - and same error. Also tested with iPad, and a friend's iPhone (he is a professional DJ and very experienced with MIDI etc.), same error. 

Nobody has mentioned any possible setting issues, and I’ve not found anything in the system settings that makes the keyboard and iOS devices work via USB. Bluetooth playback works flawlessly, I should add, but this is irrelevant to the problem. 

Thank you for any further advice. I’m afraid that here in Israel it is very difficult to get expert service. 

It's probably not your device since the others didn't work either. If the other Lightning adaptor was an Apple one like I linked to, then it's either the USB cable or the keyboard itself. (If it wasn't an Apple adapter, sorry but those are notoriously unreliable in situations such as this.)

You might try resetting your PX-S3000 (note that this will probably wipe any settings you have set on it). The directions should be in your manual, but here they are for convenience. That being said, I still suspect the adapters.

You can use the procedure below to return the Digital Piano’s stored data and settings to their initial factory defaults any time you want.

1. Hold down the [15] button until “[FUNCTION]” appears on the display.

2. Use the [10] < and [11] > buttons to display “SYSTEM” and then touch [12] ENTER.

3. Use the [10] < and [11] >  buttons to display “Factory Reset” and then touch [12] ENTER.This displays “Sure?”

4. To return the Digital Piano to its factory default settings, touch [11] +. To cancel this operation without changing settings, touch [10] .

• 4 months later...

I wasn't sure if this was still an issue, Yossi, but I was having the same problem today with my PX 870 and my iPhone X.  I found out I was using the wrong USB outlet from the piano.  You have to use the USB outlet that looks like a printer USB connection, not the standard looking USB port, and pick up a camera to lightning adapter.  It works without issue now.

• Thanks 1

Thanks. I assure you that I didn’t make that mistake. 😉

That said, I solved the problem by buying a new Apple adaptor (the one used for USB to Lightning, usually for photography). 

This past week, I removed the adaptor when the phone was in the case, and from invisible physical damage (?), subsequently it stopped working — just as was the case months ago with the first adaptor. So my conclusion is that the keyboard is extremely sensitive....

Oh no! I just bought the Apple adapter because the generic one I previously ordered gave that same no-connection error. 

It is very difficult freighting these units into this remote area, my parcel is presently lost somewhere in an 100-year radius 

Why doesn’t Casio supply a dongle with the keyboard that would save weeks of trial and error?

its an abstruse control system that may not work for music theatre gigs without some iPad assist. 

Any guaranteed iPad to Casio s3000 connectors?

Barry Moore

Here are the basics of what is needed. Todays newer devices with USB C are the easiest to use.  Older devices without USB C require more steps.  This is the nature of the system and not a Casio specific issue. 

You must connect your mobile device to the USB Type B (to host) port on the keyboard.  The USB Type A port is for USB flash drives only.  It will not work with that port.  

For Apple devices without a USB C port, use an official Apple camera connection kit, also called Apple camera adapter.  Use the model appropriate for your iPad.  

For Android devices without USB C, your Android device must support USB OTG (On the go).  Use a good quality USB OTG adapter in conjunction with a USB printer cable to connect to the USB B port on the instrument. 

For both Apple and Android devices with USB C, you can simply use a USB C to USB B type cable.  

For more details and other options, see the chart Casio provides, which is found in the user manual that can be accessed from within the Chordana app, and also linked to in my pinned post in this forum and also directly here.

• Like 1

Thanks Brad. At this point that's all clear. And I even had things working with the Apple Camera adaptor. But as I wrote, the adaptor must have been invisibly damaged upon removal from the phone as it has stopped working. I can only conclude that the Casio is highly sensitive.