Video Files on Forum ×

SP-34 Functionality

Stormin Norman

Thanks for the reply! I believe it can - I read that they are electrically the same, but the connectors are different. People have managed to connect them up before, I'm just new at this. If anyone on here has done this - or adapted the SP-34 for a different port for another reason - and has any advice, that would be amazing!

• 1 year later...

Hello, not sure if this is possible but I’m wondering an sp-34 pedal unit can be connected to a Kawai es520? Apparently they are basically the same company so hoping that it can connect. So I already have the pedal and it’s got all the same connectors but unfortunately the pedal din connector is a bit too small for the actual 6 din connector on my Kawai keyboard, if there’s some type of enlarger din connector or something out there, that would be awesome 😄, anyway help would be much appreciated.

So Kawai and Casio are the same company? That's news to me!

If the connectors were the same, there would be no mismatch in size. You will have to get a schematic for the Kawai ES520 pedal connector port if possible, to see what each connector pin does for all 6 pins, and then do the same for the Casio pedal. If you study the older posts here, you will see it will take alot of work and rewiring, and in the end the Casio pedal might not work with the Kawai anyway. The Kawai is not a cheap digital piano, I'm surprised it doesn't come with its own 3-pedal unit.

Welp that’s nice then 😂. I heard that they were basically the same company from a piano discord server some dude was saying it hahaha, idk lol. I did get a standard sustain pedal but I need the half pedal function on it :(. I was gonna get a kawai pedal but i did t know what to get so I went to the discord but accidentally said the wrong brand and ended up getting the sp34 Casio pedal 😅, if yas know if there’s any 3 pedal kawai foot pedal like that would be much appreciated lol, I ain’t doing no wiring if even that it might not work lol. Thx :)

Yea thx I know they aren’t the same company I heard that they were similar but I guess not hahaha. Anyway if anyone has any ideas on buying another pedal board like the sp34 as in the design and connects up to my kawai es520 then that would be much appreciated thx.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...