Video Files on Forum ×

[Firmware Update] CT-X5000 - Version 1.07

Casio Key

15 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

That is a surprise.  Okay, so here are the instructions on this update.... CT-X5000 Update Manual V1.07.  Carefully read those instructions before proceeding.  It says that all user data will be deleted during the update, so be sure to make a backup of your user data.

Brad, do I back up the user data to the root of the usb stick or to the Data file? I am gonna up date my CT-X5000 tomorrow (Sat).

RickyLee

@RickyLee

Go into the Media menu and choose save, then select the “All Data” option and press enter. You’ll be prompted to name the back-up file, so name it something recognizable for archival purposes, then press enter and yes to confirm the save. This should create a file with a .DAL extension inside the MUSICDAT folder on your flash drive which contains a full back-up of every piece of User Data on your X5000, such as Rhythms, Registrations, Tones, Phrases, etc all in one master file. Performing the update shouldn’t delete the data off of your flash drive (only the data in your keyboard’s built-in memory), but you should copy the .DAL file to your computer’s hard drive just to be safe.

Download the new firmware update and place the .UPD file directly inside the root of your flash drive (not in the MUSICDAT folder like the rest of your User Data). The X5000 will not recognize the update file if it is inside a folder, it must be in the root directory of the drive. Follow the rest of the instructions until the new firmware is installed. When you reboot the X5000 with the new firmware for the first time, all your User Data will be gone. Go back to the Media menu, select Load and All Data and choose the .DAL back-up file you created earlier. Once it finishes loading, all your data should be restored.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Chandler Holloway said:

@RickyLee

Go into the Media menu and choose save, then select the “All Data” option and press enter. You’ll be prompted to name the back-up file, so name it something recognizable for archival purposes, then press enter and yes to confirm the save. This should create a file with a .DAL extension inside the MUSICDAT folder on your flash drive which contains a full back-up of every piece of User Data on your X5000, such as Rhythms, Registrations, Tones, Phrases, etc all in one master file. Performing the update shouldn’t delete the data off of your flash drive (only the data in your keyboard’s built-in memory), but you should copy the .DAL file to your computer’s hard drive just to be safe.

Download the new firmware update and place the .UPD file directly inside the root of your flash drive (not in the MUSICDAT folder like the rest of your User Data). The X5000 will not recognize the update file if it is inside a folder, it must be in the root directory of the drive. Follow the rest of the instructions until the new firmware is installed. When you reboot the X5000 with the new firmware for the first time, all your User Data will be gone. Go back to the Media menu, select Load and All Data and choose the .DAL back-up file you created earlier. Once it finishes loading, all your data should be restored.

Thank you, Chandler!!

With your help, I was able to get it installed and files re-installed. Good to go! Thanks a million.

RickyLee

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Brad Saucier said:

Just posting here to add some newly discovered information on this update. 

Version 1.07 adds the ability to convert MIDI recorder system track data to SMF.  It does this automatically when you choose Media>Save>MltR SMF.  Version 1.05 and prior does not convert system track data to SMF. 

Great work by Casio team

• 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, RogerBannister said:

I have a CT-X3000 but don't use this feature.  I would assume it would work.  No real downsides in updating anyway, as long as you backup your data first (if required).

Hi Rogger. I hope the update don't break my keyboard. Living in Lock down without Keyboard is a nightmare!! lol 

• 2 months later...