Video Files on Forum ×

Advanced CC question PX560

Jokeyman123

I have created several hex layer tones in the PX560 using different organ stops for each layer-some of the hex layer factory organs are apparently doing this already. By switching layers on/off from the hex layer editing screen-is sort a crude drawbar function, certainly not good for live playing and nowhere near as useful as 8-9 drawbars would be as in the MZ-X500 and even earlier WK/CTK drawbar functions. However.....here's the hard part....wouldn't it be nice to be able to remotely control each hex layer's expression/volume level with any number of the outboard controllers that have drawbars-even another Casio with drawbars. Even my Equinox which has fully programmable drawbars..hint Casio for next keyboard/workstation/Privia/CZ retro.....having this in the XW-P1 is really nice, but wouldn't hurt in the PX series. Now here is the problem, and yes Brad I do not ask the easy questions sometimes.  I cannot find any information (at least that I understand) in the PX560 midi implementation chart that would allow access to this function-access to controlling each hex layer volume/expression level separately from a remote controller with drawbars. I guess it's not possible-but would be nice.