Video Files on Forum ×

Tone Formate

• 5 months later...

I can understand your frustration. IF you are really interested in using tones like xps 30 in your ctx 9000 , I stumbled upon this  link, just check it out if this meets your requirement. Just know that I am only trying to help and have no commercial interest in making this recommendation..... Like you , I am trying to find out if the ctx series tone files can be used in my PX 560

.  check this out

Why? Study up some more on synthesis and how different keyboards create their tones or sounds. there are many different methods manufacturers have used over the years to create sounds. each one is unique, and manufacturers compete-and do not share their engineering across platforms. Each wants to appear superior or different. which is nice, because you will have such a variety of sysnthesis design even in just 2 different keyboards. I wouldn't want Casio to use the same design as say my Roland. Korg or Yamaha synths. each one has its own unique sound or "signature" for recording or live playing. That is part of what makes this all so interesting, at least in my opinion. You might think about getting a sampling keyboard or module-and learn how to construct samples-then you would be able to take a particular tone from one keyboard-sample it and play it in your sampler. there are software samplers that can do this too.