Video Files on Forum ×

PX560 test mode error message?

Jokeyman123

First off, don't do this unless you are experienced with software routines, testing routines, don't even read it! 

I just posted to someone here that I have the touchscreen calibration routine, which I will not post unless the administrators say it is OK-I got it here from someone on the forum through a "PM" personal message as doing this routine may be outside the Casio warranty. But I am posting for another reason.

I ran the other test routines just this evening-there are tests for memory communication etc. in addition to the screen calibration and found one rather not so good thing-maybe. When I ran the RAM test, it tested as "OK". When I ran the ROM test-it came back with a message "NG" which I'm thinking means no good-and a number/letter sequence that looks to me like a memory address for those of you who know what that is. And finally-as has been brought to the attention of Casio, I am having trouble editing  and saving drumkits to user memory locations, except for 2 that work-all other drumkit user slots are corrupting my edit. i have posted about this already but I am thinking out loud-could this be the reason this is happening? Maybe I better contact Mike Martin, if he isn't seeing this post. I have no idea if i am correct about any of this. if anyone can run the routine-someone who has it already-and let me know what they come up with. Courtesy of Mike Martin, this bug about the drumkits has been sent to Casio Tokyo to look at, and am waiting to see what is happening. if the ROM is corrupt-I cannot imagine why that could happen as this is a read-only chip, there is no way the info in that chip is accessible by anyone except the authorized Casio techs I would guess. And i have had absolutely no other bugs with PX560, works flawlessly except for the drumkit edits. Whew!

OK. Is there a way that this could be done-that I could present this to someone at Casio that might help with this? It may pertain to the problem with saving kits. I believe Mike Martin has presented this drumkit bug t o Casio Tokyo to examine, we have a few posts about it here . I thought this bit of information might help diagnose the possible bug in the OS, if there is one, or if I have a defect in my particular Casio which can be remedied. Since firmware on the 560 is able to be flashed, I am on the newest v1.15.