Video Files on Forum ×

Continuation of the holiday concert

Nicely executed Ss...Mozart is more difficult than it looks, sometimes the simplest sounding pieces are the hardest to play.  What are you using to create your opening credits-is this Microsoft's video editor or something else? Been away from computer video editing for quite awhile-definitely very pro presentation. Thanks.

• Like 1

For the two most recent clips, I used DaVinci Resolve by BlackMagic.

To my understanding, this is the major competitor of Adobe Pr.

You can get a free version or have fun with the paid full version of the software.

Keep in mind that my PC is pretty good - Ryzen 5 of the second generation with RX590 Fat boy (NVMe 3x4 1TB,  16GB ) and 4K monitor.

Good graphics and CPU is the mandatory condition to have joy with the DaVinci Resolve software.

I would recommend everyone at least to have a look at it.

Thanks guys for sharing your opinions!

I have the same feeling - Jokeyman123 

Mozart is very advanced in terms of rhythm patterns.

It is gainful in terms of developing a sense of rhythm to work on such pieces.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brad Saucier said:

I've been in the process of creating a build list of parts so I can build a new PC, with my goal being able to run DaVinci Resolve decently.  My current PC is maxed out, but of course it's 10 years old.  Definitely time to build myself a new system.  

I am a fan of AMD. So if you prefer Intel and NVidea you may not like the configuration I provide below (keep in mind that only AMD provides support of PCIe 4th generation, plus AMD provides the best support of openCL at least for GPUs and NVidia discontinued CUDA support for Apple -  that is a kind of a nonsense since Apple uses Radeon ).

However, in terms of performance and price efficiency try to beat the following :)

Radeon RX 5700

Motherboard X570

Ryzen 9 

16 GB 3200Mhz RAM

NVMe 4x4 1TB

750 W power supply

This will be around $1.5K

There is also an option to use eGPU via thunderbolt 3 interface (instead of the internal graphics card).