Video Files on Forum ×

NAMM 2020

On 1/6/2020 at 11:43 AM, petersohn said:

http://www.medeli.com.hk/x10

DISPLAY 7” touch screen

MAX POLYPHONY 256

VOICE 1100 + 256 GM2 + 512 users

STYLE 280 + 512 users 

Internal storage (256MB sample expansion) 

It looks great. I'm waiting for the price and demos of sounds. We'll see if Casio shows the successor to MZ-X. The new Ct-x series sounds great but the display and operation is one big tragedy. The touchscreen is the basis of our times - if Casio doesn't understand it, I'm switching to another brand of keys.

• Like 2

Nice piece of kit but 2 questions.....

1) what does it cost and 

2) what is its weight?

A typical RD Roland goes for 2000+ last I looked. This new one I'm sure will not come under 2000. more like 4000 maybe. and can i carry it around without a handtruck? Maybe, maybe not. Looks very quality though. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jokeyman123 said:

Nice piece of kit but 2 questions.....

1) what does it cost and 

2) what is its weight?

A typical RD Roland goes for 2000+ last I looked. This new one I'm sure will not come under 2000. more like 4000 maybe. and can i carry it around without a handtruck? Maybe, maybe not. Looks very quality though. 

Its 2.5 kg heavier then the PX5S a tad slimmer , 6 watt speakers , Dot lcd display. 

Price currently set at 1219 euro's. quiet pricey i'm curious about the action and zen-core.  

• Like 1

Casio rules but that won’t stop me from hacks and modular games with my Korg synth, and then there’s that tiny Roland JDXi calling my name as well as possible new Yamaha Reface and new e series arranger, oh and Subsequent 25 entry level Moog.

i am a sucker for any affordable or entry level products from all the companies. There are those who will buy that $6000 dollar Casio Celviano or $6000 Yamaha Genos but that’s not my cup of tea and I enjoy those from a distance.

I could imagine all workstation, synth patches, accompaniment, and true piano sound and feel could all be satisfied if one bought those two.

On 1/16/2020 at 7:45 AM, Silvano Silva said:

I agree, however just curious, what brand?
The touch screen on synths maybe is not a nightmare, but close to it.
I cannot use my(Montage) without a stylus. Otherwise, it doubles/triples every touch. It is actually way too sensitive.

On PX it is not responsive as desired.