Video Files on Forum ×

NAMM 2020

http://www.medeli.com.hk/x10

DISPLAY 7” touch screen

MAX POLYPHONY 256

VOICE 1100 + 256 GM2 + 512 users

STYLE 280 + 512 users 

Internal storage (256MB sample expansion) 

It looks great. I'm waiting for the price and demos of sounds. We'll see if Casio shows the successor to MZ-X. The new Ct-x series sounds great but the display and operation is one big tragedy. The touchscreen is the basis of our times - if Casio doesn't understand it, I'm switching to another brand of keys.

• Like 5

i wish that casio make a oficial retorne of the sk sampling keyboard series.

a revible  sk-x100 or sk-x200.

25 or 32 mini keys.

A I X sound source.

sample memory  aprox 32 mb.

retro mode with the sample rate s 9 kHz and 2 seconds of sampling.

high quality mode in  sample rate ad 48 khz, 16 bit, 32 mb memory.

avility to import wav or soundfont.

portable, with aa baterys. .

Price aprox 150 dollars.

bring back the sk samplng keyboards in this 2020!.

• Like 3

Just an update to the current Medeli series, not this new one-Casio not to worry. Although I could not find too many credible sound example demos online, I listened carefully to the Medeli SP4200 piano-looks like a nicely-made 88 key piano, but after listening and reading the specs-I'd swear this is using some of Casio's licensed software functionality-the piano sounds fairly brittle, even compared to Casio's older AHL pianos on the CTK, WK's. i have no idea re the key action compared to Casio,  but having an old PX575 and playing a newer CDP from a student's I recommended he purchase i still like the Casio actions quite a bit. And wow does the one Medeli look like a slightly "twisted' version of the Casio MZ-X cockpit. The Medeli and Casio factories must be on the same block in China.....(only kidding, well maybe not!) Casio-watch out for those disguised Medeli  market reps!

:cop:

• Like 1

It has 64 polyphony voices and 790 new sounds. The sound engine is based on PCM and has been supplemented with modern sounds. It is a keyboard, so it is equipped with 270 styles. Each Style has 4 variations of 2 Intro and the same number of Endings. The instrument will be compatible with MP3 and Wave files, and the most interesting thing is that it will be quite a budget keyboard with a 16 track sequencer. This means that we will be able to record tracks from A to Z on it.

Naturally, it will read SMF files.  Weight - 4 kg and battery operation

Approximate price 600 Euro.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Leaked NAMM 2020 Korg consumer version mini-synth? Casio really has to give us some form an old school synth next week.

https://www.synthanatomy.com/2020/01/korg-arp-2600-mini-photos-from-guitar-center-show-a-smaller-version-leak.html

and this:

https://www.gearnews.com/are-korg-going-to-announce-a-smaller-and-more-affordable-arp-2600/

18 hours ago, sslyutov said:

off-topic but fun! 

Anyway the numbers on the once impossible (less than 10 nanometer size) is very cool. Chips made our AiX stand out and we upped our game on some sound banks from our Casio AHL sounds.

However, with better electronics in our AiX, Casio and Roland and Korg still have not caught up with Yamaha in terms of sound chips. I don’t know if in there there’s an AMD or Intel product.

What Casio has over Yamaha is that Yamaha leaves out too many features in their functionality in the OS of their e263/363/463 61 key arrangers and EW-300/410 76 key arrangers.

Begun it has , appear they be, Namm going to be fierce and competitive to wallets until dust flutters from emptiness and days

eating potato's and plane drinking water.

All the brands did some surprising reveals in less then 13 hours some also made some competitive instrument for sequencing. 

Me thinks it doesn't end there yet. 

• Like 1

Every Yamaha I've ever had apart for repair uses proprietary ICs for their sound ROMs and their CPUs, which I would guess are custom-designed for their keyboards and their keyboards only. I could be wrong about the Tyros and newer Yamaha arrangers-but I'm pretty sure it would cost more to install AMD and/or Intel chips in a Yamaha keyboard-I'm sure the big chip designers charge a hefty license fee for the rights to use their chips. even the Intel ICs in my Lenovo are now "security encrypted"-so no one can steal designs, software or your laptop! I had to install a software "security suite" made by Intel to get the chips configured properly with Windows. The laptop will work, but I didn't want to risk whatever Intel claims will happen if I don't. Seems silly but its been my experience. so figure...you think they'll let Yamaha, Casio or anybody else install their chips without considerable expense and trouble? I would doubt it but i guess some music manufacturers might do so. And yes, none of the Yamaha arrangers seem to have much recording capabilities compared to the Casios I have, with the exception of my PSR-SQ16, which has a comprehensive 16-track sequencer, fully editable and capable of recording one or all 16 tracks either individually or layered. And it was manufactured in 1992 I believe.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kurth said:

man...if casio doesn't release a ct-s500 with aix chip, I'm gonna be disappointed...

I can picture the CTK-2500/2550 getting AiX and being called the CT-X250 and go for $99.95.

...maybe CTK-3500 could become CT-X350 and go for $129.95

...and they could make a CT-X500 for $149.95

But keep:

CT-X700

X800

X3000

X5000 for the more highly featured advanced and advanced beginner lines.

Also make the WK-245/6600/7600 become the:

WK-X245

X6600

X7600 professional workstations with AiX.

Always look to Casio's international websites for breaking news first. Products and product announcements almost always roll out on the Asia and Europe sites first, as that's where they're released first. Case in point, Casio already announced the next generation of Grand Hybrids back in September over on the international site. I'm surprised that I haven't seen anyone discuss them here on the forums, I just figured everyone already knew.

https://www.casio-intl.com/asia/en/emi/products/gp510bp/?topics

https://www.casio-intl.com/asia/en/emi/products/gp310/

These haven't officially debuted in North America yet, so I would say it's a pretty safe bet that they will be the primary focus of Casio's NAMM exhibition this year.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Casiofun said:

Don't think there will be any upgrades released for the PX5SPX560 or MZX. I think Casio has gone back to the home market for the foreseeable future..

In 23 hours we could see near the highest end electronic keyboard instrument piano, three levels of touch sensitivity, real higher quality weighted keys, and “Berlin grand” amongst other things.

https://www.casio-intl.com/asia/en/emi/products/gp510bp/?topics