Video Files on Forum ×

Midi out does not function

sam-px5s

Hello everyone,

For MIDI I do not use USB and I use normal MIDI ports.

I connect the MIDI output from Casio to MIDI IN port of my sound card. It looks there is not any Midi insert to my PC. However, I do not have any problem for MIDI output in my pc ( I can open Piano roll, and if I click the mouse on keys the sound plays in Casio).

from the setting menu in PX5s, I let Midi in be ON. Is there any other setting that I need to change in the keyboard in order its MIDI Out ( MIDI IN in my sound card) receive the messages?

Thanks

What type of physical midi input does your soundcard have?  Is it a USB, midi din or the older "serial" port-9 pin which only older desktop computers used. You say there is no midi insert to the PC. If it has a standard USB computer port-you need to use a computer USB cable-the type used for printers or other computer USB devices-to connect the PX5s to your computer. You also need to check your midi settings in pianoroll to make sure it "sees" your usb connection an dconnects through the computer operating system to your pianoroll software. Here is a huge and very detailed post I found here at this forum about midi and software connected to the PX5s-may be way more info than you need, but it might solve any problem you are having. often when i need to find something about my Casios, or when I forget my own posts (which I do) I google a search-and guess where i end up? Back here!