Video Files on Forum ×

Chart for what parameters DSP parameter 1 DSP Parameter 2 knob controls?

Justin Laluga

• 3 months later...

If there is anywhere, in a manual, guide, file, or otherwise, that this information can be obtained I'd be delighted to create the list, because I am completely befuddled regarding what two parameters are being controlled by the knobs for DSP effects!

I'm actually a little frustrated that the answer does not seem to be in the user manual, but I could be missing it. It seems that the answer should be provided as part of the DSP Effect List starting on page EN-77. The only one specified is given on page EN-76 (Knob Set List) which indicates that for DSP 15 "Auto Pan" the knobs control LFO Waveform and LFO Rate.

The best I've been able to figure out is to select a tone with the DSP enable (and/or add a DSP to an existing tone), wiggle knob 1 all the way to the left , go back into the DSP settings,  step through each setting and press the - and + buttons simultaneously until I find the one that changed.  If I don't see any that changed, then I go back and wiggle knob 2 all the way to the right and try again.  Then I repeat this for knob 2.  Then I enter the result into a spreadsheet.

Keep in mind though, I've only tried this once (for "RtyFdOrgan"), and I haven't started the spreadsheet yet... but I did write it down:

DSP Knob 1 controls speed (Fast/Slow)
   DSP Knob 2 controls OD Gain

But I agree, it would be nice to have an addendum to the documentation that described this instead of figuring out by hand for the 146 tones that have DSP enabled (plus the 100 DSPs that we can add to any tone).

They should be fairly easy to figure out using the DSP charts in the manual. The two DSP parameters that are most appropriate for live use would be the first two suspects.  Twiddle the knobs and try to match up what you're hearing with the names of the parameters under the DSP effect which the tone is using.