Video Files on Forum ×

Effects not being saved on registration

mattf

I've recently bought a mz x500 so sorry if that's a dumb question, but to me is kinda a very unexpected behaviour.

I've modified a hexlayer synth tone and added a delay effect.  The effect works normally if I just select the tone from the menu, but if I save (register) it, the effect does not get restored. Is that normal behaviours? Why wouldn't the registered tone be the same as the one I select from the menu and thus with the same effects ?

It is a hexlayer tone. It is being used with another tone (non hexlayer) and there is split too(hexlayer on the lower). Moving it to the upper  1 solved that problem and that feels like some bug.... Why having it on upper 2 shouldn't work?

By the way, any chance chance casio will ever release the source code for those firmwares or any info about it? (if it already didnt?) I'm a computer programmer and I'm very interested on getting to know what is used on those keyboards since it's the first time I have one of those.

This upper one and two behavior is identical to the PX560-from the main menu-where one selects 2 upper and 2 layer tones-only upper one will access the effect. This is the way the PX560 is designed at least, no way around it. I'm not sure that the MZ-X is the same but the operating systems seem so similar I would guess it is. I think only th DSP "embedded" or programmed into a single tone will be brought into upper or lower 2 along with a different effect on upper or lower 1.  I have been able to examine firmware updates -.bin files-with a hex editor-but as far as editing one, I'm sure Casio will not clarify how to reprogram or program one.