Video Files on Forum ×

Versatile tones - huh?

Bobbo

I just got a PX-S3000 and have been working my way through the user manual.  The "versatile tone" feature sounds very cool, but I am clueless about how it works.  I searched other Casio subforums and found some discussion of versatile tones, and I tried playing around with one of the versatile guitar tones, but I still don't understand how to use this feature.  Can anyone explain?  Thanks!

They work by velocity switching, key mapping or a combination of both.  Depending on how fast you strike a key, different samples would be triggered.  Also, different keys in lower or upper octaves will often have various samples, things like guitar fret noises, guitar body slaps, muted picked notes, etc.  Some are easier to play by hand than others.  Some are really intended for preset rhythms, as Rod mentioned.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies.  But I still don't understand how to actually use this feature.  I notice, for instance, that with the Versatile Nylon Guitar, one of the keys near the high end of the keyboard makes a strumming sound.  That's great, but to replicate a guitar the strumming sound has to be combined with the musical sound of a string being plucked.  How is that done?  

• 1 year later...
On 2/9/2020 at 3:09 AM, Bobbo said:

I just got a PX-S3000 and have been working my way through the user manual.  The "versatile tone" feature sounds very cool, but I am clueless about how it works.  I searched other Casio subforums and found some discussion of versatile tones, and I tried playing around with one of the versatile guitar tones, but I still don't understand how to use this feature.  Can anyone explain?  Thanks!

Hi Bobbo. Did you find the answer to your question about the Versatile Tono?

See this guy playing in the minut 4:14

Vidoza, thanks for your inquiry.  Although as you know I did receive several responses from people trying to help, I still don't know how to do anything useful with the versatile tone feature.

That video you attached is pretty great.  Too bad for me that such a performance requires not only the capabilities of the keyboard, but also exceptional talent and skill at playing.

I agree. Just tried this feature  but you would need to write music specifically for the notes played and the" versatile effect "required. A better feature would be to allow note bending or other "versatile effects " on tones , using the expression pedal.