Video Files on Forum ×

Pitch wheel no longer working :( on xwp1

Buntman

Hi I have not been able to use my pitch wheel on Casio xwp1. I would rather not take it apart lol what could be the cause? If needed I have rigged up my kaos pad2 to midi in to use as a pitch wheel but it is not as good of a function. Maybe could be just dirty inside I hope

Edited by Buntman
Spelling

Will try running it up and down few times but don't think that will work as I've played with itnalready

Done did  the factory reset and have doves I'm menus hoping it was just a setting ... DAW doesn't pick up a signal when connected so I'm thinking it's internall connections 

Has anyone opened one of these up before?, Anything I should be cautious of if I do?

It's of no help to you Buntman, though neither of my XW's have ever had an issue with their pitch bend wheels. I don't recall ever hearing anyone else having issues, other than maybe incorrect menu settings making it behave differently.

It sounds as if the best option is to take the XW apart and then test the direct connections to the wheel with a multimeter. However, if it's a digital encoder type controller it might need some other way of testing it. Good news is that it appears to be a common part across a number of Casio models (many seem to share the exact same pitch bend wheel design.)

Just to state the obvious, you have ensured that the pitch bend range setting is not set to '0'? I think there is a global setting for it, as well as individual settings for zones IIRC.

Mine's been solid for 3 years using it. It's a very simple design. You want to take it apart-search through this group-I have pictures posted somewhere here regarding that-unless you are a pretty skilled keyboard repair tech, I would have someone do it for you if you can't get Casio repair. I agree with others here, might be a setting for the pitch wheel that is causing this. It's only a small "pot"-potentiometer inside-might need a drop of alcohol near the wheel to try to get that inside the pot-might clean it out from outside.