Video Files on Forum ×

Cordana Play for Piano not connecting

'Im a newbie to this digital stuff. I'm trying to figure out how to connect my Pixel2 phone to my px s 3000 . I've downloaded the Cordana play for piano app and I get a message when trying to connect to the Piano Remote Contoller that"This file requires a connection to a compatible digital piano. " I've got my USB cord connected between the phone and the back of the piano. Do I need to get the blue tooth running too??'.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have a similar issue.

I have tried my iPad andmy LG G7 phone.

I read somewhere in the forums that iPad needs its oown Apple something. I forget what this is.  Can you remind me what this special apple connector is?  And, what type of cable goes form this apple adapter to the psx 3000?

For the LG G7 android phone, I bought a cable that fits into the back of the PSX 3000, and is the female version  of the normal USB plug.  I then plugged it into the android via a normal charhing cable, and it does not recognize it.

Thannks

Joseph

Hi Joseph.  Apple camera adapter, or sometimes called camera connection kit, is what works with the lightening port on Apple devices.  From the adapter to your Casio, the cable needed is a common USB printer cable.  For Android devices, you'll need a USB OTG adapter.  The same printer cable will work with that adapter as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I have recently taken delivery of a PS -X3000 and I am extremely pleased with it.  However, it soon became clear that for the way I play, making changes on the fly etc., I need to use the Chordana Play for Piano app.  I have got it going on my mobile phone but would prefer a larger screen.  I realise that my Windows 10 tablet is not supported and neither is an old android version 4 tablet.  I am therefore considering the purchase of a second hand Ipad, but I have never ventured into Apple products.

My request is for some guidance on a model that is definitely able to support the app.  Are all ipad generations supported etc.  I'm unlikely to use the tablet for anything else.  Some help from any experts and experiences from other users would be appreciated.

Thanks

From the apple app store see below.
so you need a recent ipad (ipad 5th gen from 2017 or later) with at least the iOS11 operating system.
Don’t forget you have to buy the apple camera connection kit as well.

4534B1AC-8089-4AE2-AB77-AD98CBC69414.thumb.jpeg.9c5ce18c6500d55106bf6bda704d326c.jpeg

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I just got my PX-S3000 last week, and the first thing I did was order a cheap Android tablet for it.

I got the RCA 11" Delta Pro off of Amazon for $139 and it works just fine. You will have to order a USB type A to Type B cable, cost me another $5.79.

Download the Chordana Play for Piano app, plug in the USB to the connection on the back that looks like a small house, then start up the app.

Mine detected the PX immediately with no drama or other issues.

It worked fine on my oddball Essential PH-1 phone as well, but the 11" screen is way better to use than the phone screen.

Hope that helps.

Another Note; there are TWO types of USB Type two cables, so look at the photos of ones you are considering buying and make sure to get the small one!

Type B Usb.jpg

• Like 1