Video Files on Forum ×

saving all 96 custom song settings to usb drive

i want to save all off my totally used 96 custom bank settings to my usb flash drive

to then transfer them all over to a second PX-360M piano for my son to use.

So,both units will have these same customized bank settings for use. How is

this to be done? Appreciate any one's help and answer to this question.

I think he's got it, but Lennie will have to get back to you to be sure. I sent a detailed description of the difference between the "registrations" and the "Presets". I think he understands he can save all the "registrations" in an "all" file, but not the presets. I also think we solved the problem of the mid files and how to save these, he sent me an a arrangement as a .mid in an email, and every track worked as one would expect. 

I did exactly as Brad directed. I was led to a save registration area of 8 banks (1/8, 2/8 3/8,etc.) each having 12 individual

registrations to save with a unique associated name of file for each. I am expected to do this 96 times ! I see

no other way. Please, let me know I am correct about this. There is no "select all" , or the words "save all 96

registrations into one access file now" ..etc. Thx.Lennie. ( Wanted to share this with Brad too).

" I did exactly as  directed. I was led to a save registration area of 8 banks (1/8, 2/8 3/8,etc.) each having 12 individual

registrations to save with a unique associated name of file for each. I am expected to do this 96 times ! I see

no other way. Please, let me know I am correct about this. There is no "select all" , or the words "save all 96

registrations into one access file now" ..etc. Thx.Lennie. James/ newbie

It seems that is unfortunately so. In my best interest, I will have EIGHT (8) formatted individual USB flash drives,one

for each of the 12 registration saves (1/8, 2/8, 3/8, etc. ) to insure that in the lengthy process of exact duplication,

I can successfully and forensically transfer these same registrations onto the other "initialized"  PX-360M.

There are FOUR(4) unique and separate SAVE titles.reg for each of these 24 Registrations (24X4= 96).

I trust and assume that EVERY individual registration save has its own unique individual title (xxxxx.reg) to it.

That I must verify. And, if I should re-save any of them while doing so, I should get an OVERWRITE message

permission inquiry to indicate that I am correct about this to be true. I'll soon find out.

When saving the first 1/8 registrations to the USB drive, the actual filenames do NOT match when

saving, as seen on the screen. This happens with ALL of them. In other words, it is not "What you see is what you get"

In the case of "what you see is what you are saving" .  I did save the 12 registrations for 1/8 (4x3) . Here is

what is on my flash drive:    REGMEM00.ZRM  ....REGMEM01.ZRM  ..etc until REGMEM11 ( ALL 12).

But, as I was saving them individually, the screen displayed something contrary and not matching

the initial registration screen display title box. Check it out, if I am correct, and if so, Why?

I don't have a PX-360 to see what you're asking about.  It would help if you can attach a photo of your screen.  Going by the PX-360 manual and the Casio models I do have, the PX-360 should suggest a file name during the save process, but you don't have to use that name.  You can edit the file name before pressing enter.  

By intentionally re-saving a few of the initial 1/8 (12 REGEM(__ __).ZRM files, it did ask me if I wanted to "overwrite"

the already saved ) *.zrm FILE .. ...even if the filename saved was different from the originally viewed filename.

This obviously indicates that each ZRM file will be addressed for its proper LOAD function when  needed.

So, irregardless of that, I am saving 12 individual ZRM files 8 times to complete all 96 registrations.

With EIGHT(8) separate USB flash drives to do this, I shall have all 96 Registration files (ZRM)..to

load/install on the other initialized PX-360M. By unfortunately having to do this 96 times, it

will then be done. Do not know why Casio just couldn't make this easier.