Video Files on Forum ×

Mute speakers when using line out?

1 minute ago, Brad Saucier said:

@not_thepianist Are you sure about that?  Connecting to the headphone output on the PX-160 will mute the speakers, just like it will on the PX-S3000.  However, connecting to line out on the PX-160 will not mute the speakers, also same as on the PX-S3000.

The headphone output mutes the speakers, however I'm running a line from the back of the unit into an audio interface and using headphones from the interface.  

• 2 weeks later...

I strongly suspect that Casio and other manufacturers don't have a "mute" option to avoid the number of users who would not realise it is on and think their keyboard is broken when no sound comes out.

• Like 1

As soon as my CDP-S350 is out of warranty, I’m going to make a mod and make a seperate switch on the backpanel to mute the speakers. I think it’s bad for as well as the connector and even maybe the pcb to have always stick in or pull out the headphones plug.

There is a switch on the connector, so that mod is not going to be that difficult