Video Files on Forum ×

Casio CDP-S350 Overview / Review / Demo

Thanks pianoman...had no idea this was using the AIX sound engine, until I saw this review-these have been pretty scarce on the market-now I know why. Funny that after you posted this review, I suddenly saw a few listings for the CDP-S350 on e**** for list price. Might make a nice backup to the PX560-I've been wanting to try the newer, slimmer keyboard design but didn't want to spend another 800 or so for the PX-S3000.

• Like 1

Studying over all the posts about the CDP-S350-something I had forgotten-these are not new-have been around since early 2019-I had posted about it myself back then-and these seemed to disappear! Now suddenly-available again from quite a few music retailers. Sort of like a break in the Casio music space time continuum. Why does Casio seem to limit supply of certain items-or is it the music dealers that do this? Maybe they're afraid Casio will cut too much into market share of the other big makers? 

12 minutes ago, Jokeyman123 said:

Studying over all the posts about the CDP-S350-something I had forgotten-these are not new-have been around since early 2019-I had posted about it myself back then-and these seemed to disappear! Now suddenly-available again from quite a few music retailers. Sort of like a break in the Casio music space time continuum. Why does Casio seem to limit supply of certain items-or is it the music dealers that do this? Maybe they're afraid Casio will cut too much into market share of the other big makers? 

It may seem that way because of the past exclusivity to certain stores, which is no longer the case.

I was happy to see a new video on this subject, but I found it odd to hear the CDP-S350 being referred to as new, even in the US. I was playing them in stores in early 2019 and bought one in December. By the way, I live in Northern Virginia (USA) and have 4 Guitar Centers and 8 Music & Arts stores within 15 miles of my home, so it was pretty easy to get my hands on one. I was waiting rather impatiently for the PX-S3000 to show up and saw the CDP-S350 in the store. Gotta say, I was REALLY surprised by it, and it just got me more excited for the coming PX-S models. I mainly use my CDP-S350 as a controller for Logic in my studio, but I frequently get distracted by the Stage Piano tone and start jamming instead of working on my project.