Video Files on Forum ×

Thumb drive accident

gjasko

Stupid human trick of the week:

I was packing my PX-S3000 to take to rehearsal. (I've only taken it out a couple times) The dust cover was on the keyboard, as I put it in the case. When I was unpacking it, I found that I had left the thumb drive plugged in the back! Thumb drive was bent and my USB connection on the S3000 is trashed!   ;-(   

Stupid mistake, packing for rehearsal too early in the day. Oh well, that will only happen to me once!!

• Sad 4

Pins are messed up.  I have an appointment to bring it in to an authorized shop in Portland, OR on Wednesday.  They have a $100 minimum, so I'm guessing it will be around $100.  Lesson learned.  I've attached a 2-foot strip of orange survey tape to the new thumbdrive!

• Sad 1

Unfortunately, due to the design, this can easily happen-even worse with computers. Hard to find good thumb drives that do not stick out an inch or more.  I doubt you'll do this again, but it could happen-lightning never strikes twice in the same place-but i don't wait there to find out! 

I thought the Casio recessed SD card slot in some of the Casios was a better idea-but it disappeared on the newer boards. Now I always remember to take out that thumb drive although the PX560 has a recessed area on top for the thumb drive-a much better idea, but i could still mangle it if i didn't think about it. I still remove it if I'm not using it. maybe the tech can check out a few other things internally-make sure everything is tight with connections, keys etc, doesn't have to be a total foobar. I've broken worse! 

Remember Monty Python's song-"Always Look On the Bright side of Life!"

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...