Video Files on Forum ×

Erase and re-record drums in system track (song mode)

yul

Hi, I have figured out ow to delete the drums/accompaniement part on my song system track  while leaving the rest of the system track intact.

I need to know how I can re-record the drums only.

I tried to set recording to overdub as well as punch in and in both cases I cannot arm the drum tracks like I do when it is a blank system track.

Thanks

Thanks it would just be odd to have an option to delete the accomp. but not re-record it but maybe it's just what it is.

Thanks and please let me know if you can find a way? Maybe something to include in the next update. 

On the CTK/WK models, System Track recording is an "erase as it records" process, so any attempt to add or rerecord anything on the System Track erases the entire System Track as it records the new data.  So make sure you have a backup before you try.  I have a feeling that the recording process did not change all that much from CTK to CT-X.

- T -

Guys I found it. It's very esoteric but it works fine. Actually there are 2 ways :

**Delete drums in song system track and re-record**

Song edit(hold "function")>> whole track>> accompclr (clears the drum track)
Record enable song>>right arrow>>set recording to overdub (2)
Long press rhythm (this ams the selected drum track > press again to select drum patch
Press start to record

**To modify drums patch only in system track**
Song edit>>Trk event>enter>enter>down arrow>>Rhythm
select rhythm patch while the song plays
Exit

• Like 1

Yul-which CTX are you talking about? 700 3000 5000?  And are you talking about recording/editing the drum track you recorded in the system track-or in one of the numbered tracks? Looks like track one is also what Casio calls a "system track in the other Casios-this is the track that records accompaniments  (auto-arranger rhythms and backings), tempo-information the other tracks do not record. At least with the CTX-700 the manual describes "overdubbing" in an incorrect way-overdubbing allows you to record ON THE SAME TRACK many times-with your new part added to whatever you already recorded. The CTX-700 manual at least describes "overdubbing" to be whatever you record on a new separate track, along with whatever you already recorded ON A DIFFERENT TRACK

.The 3000/5000 allow for actual overdubbing (real overdubbing) on whatever track you select to re-record. I guess you figured that out already. What's confusing in the manual-the steps required to record don't mention how to switch to each "solo" track as you record a multi-track piece. The manual says the system track will be the target track, and leaves it at that. And recording using the "rhythm" function will always pre-select the system track as your first track, unless you switch to a different track yourself first. Apparently if you don't want to record the auto-arranger (rhythm) part, you need to record using the "song bank" mode, but this too pre-selects the system track for recording when you record your first track-confusing no? The reason for this-is that the system track will also ALWAYS record whatever your mixer settings are-in either rhythm record or song bank record.

Hope i didn't confuse you more-and hopefully you've already figured out all of this. Like Brad said-I use individual solo tracks for each part (not the system track) unless i want to record the auto-arranger parts along with the solo parts. and as Ted said-I don't know any Casio that "overdubs" the system track in the strict sense of what overdubbing really is. Every time you record the system track-it will erase whatever was already there, and start with a new blank track. And it will also erase your tempo, and any other mixer settings you may have altered/edited before. Therefore-I use the system track to record my tempo and mixer settings before i record anything else, then I leave it alone.

Yes it is the system track on the 5000.

I use it to record my rhythms and the active registration (upper/lower part) at the same time. It is very nice but sometimes I need to replacr the drum part with my own user rhythm for example.

If you clear the accomp from the system track, you can enable overdubbing to keep the rest of the parts intact (u/l keyboard parts for example)

When you start to record, the keyboard part of the system track will playback and the new drums get recorded (overdubbed) on the previously cleared drum part.

This only applies for the system track.

Solo tracks are simpler as per Brad's comment above but I prefer to start with the system track (everything at the same time)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...