Video Files on Forum ×

Casio CT-S200 driver not recognized

Eto
Go to solution Solved by Jokeyman123,

• Solution

I am very familiar with the little triangle indicating that Windows did not find a driver installed within its operating system for this specific device, or another driver is interfering with the proper one installing. Which version of Windows are you using?  Your screenshot looks like it could Windows XP or 7, or even Vista. With certain versions of Windows-you needed to upgrade to service pack III for example in Windows XP, otherwise there were no USB drivers included, as seemingly useless as that may seem. it was a deficiency in Windows, well known and documented by many musicians having trouble connecting to Windows. Windows 10 I understand is not always recognizing certain midi devices as well. Have you connected other USB midi devices on this same computer?

i think Brad will need to tell you how to proceed. You may also have certain Windows "updates" on on the one machine and not on the other-certain Windows security patches can interfere with USB devices installing correctly. Hopefully it is something simpler.

• Like 2

If you are using a device that was released after support for an operating system has ended, you could get this type of error. Casio (and any manufacturer for that matter) are unlikely to release new drivers for an out of date/ unsupported operating system.

As Jokeyman asked above, what operating system is this happening with? That might be key to your issue.

I can also confirm that connecting my CT-S300 model to Windows 10, it is instantly recognized and functions perfectly right out of the box. No driver installation required.

13 hours ago, Jokeyman123 said:

I am very familiar with the little triangle indicating that Windows did not find a driver installed within its operating system for this specific device, or another driver is interfering with the proper one installing. Which version of Windows are you using?  Your screenshot looks like it could Windows XP or 7, or even Vista. With certain versions of Windows-you needed to upgrade to service pack III for example in Windows XP, otherwise there were no USB drivers included, as seemingly useless as that may seem. it was a deficiency in Windows, well known and documented by many musicians having trouble connecting to Windows. Windows 10 I understand is not always recognizing certain midi devices as well. Have you connected other USB midi devices on this same computer?

i think Brad will need to tell you how to proceed. You may also have certain Windows "updates" on on the one machine and not on the other-certain Windows security patches can interfere with USB devices installing correctly. Hopefully it is something simpler.

7 hours ago, Chas said:

If you are using a device that was released after support for an operating system has ended, you could get this type of error. Casio (and any manufacturer for that matter) are unlikely to release new drivers for an out of date/ unsupported operating system.

As Jokeyman asked above, what operating system is this happening with? That might be key to your issue.

I can also confirm that connecting my CT-S300 model to Windows 10, it is instantly recognized and functions perfectly right out of the box. No driver installation required.

i'm using windows 10, i updated windows and solved the problem, thank you for all 💗

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
22 minutes ago, nemesaronb said:

I am having a similar issue with my casiotone ct s200, but in this case, my computer isnt recognizing the device whatsoever. It's just as if I dont have any keyboard connected 😕

Something that hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet regarding the USB cable itself.  The CT-S series of keyboards uses a micro USB port.  It is possible to grab a micro USB cable that is designed only for charging devices.  This will not work for USB MIDI.  A USB data cable is necessary for a connection.

• 3 months later...