Video Files on Forum ×

Rhythm Conversions

Just Alex

On 11/28/2022 at 11:21 AM, Just Alex said:

Glen Miller Orchestra - In the mood
Zequinha de Abreu - Tico tico no Fuba
Pachelbel - Canon in D4 (Paul Mauriat style)
Frank Sinatra - New york, new york
La Cumparista (tango)
Louis Armstrong - What a wonderful world

60s pop/rock

The Rolling Stones - I can get no satisfaction
The Beatles - I want to hold your hand
The Beatles - Let it be
The Beatles - Obladi, Oblada
Roy Orbison - Pretty woman
Billy vaughn - Wheels
The Chordettes - Lollipop
The Platters - Only you
Bobby Darrin - Dream lover
The Beach Boys - Sloop John B

70s dance/pop/rock

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet home Alabama
Queen - We will rock you
Queen - We are the champions
The Gibson Brothers - Que Sera Mi Vida
Chic - Le freak
Be Gees - Stayin' alive
Gloria Gaynor - I will survive
The Carpenters -  Close to you
ABBA - Thank you for the music
Steevie Wonder - Isn't she lovely

80s pop

Wham - Last christmas
Shakatak - Night birds
Flashdance - Maniac (of love)
Modern Talking - You're my heart, you're my soul (remix)
Modern Talking - Cheri Cheri lady
Modern Talking - You're my heart, you're my soul 98
Modern Talking - Sexy sexy lover
Elton John - Nikita
Status Quo - Rockin' all over the world
Roy Orbison - You got it
Bill Medley - The time of my life
Billy Joel - Uptown girl
Indeep - Last night DJ saved my life
Joe Cocker - Unchain my heart
Phil Collins - Another day in paradise 
Kool & The gang - Cherish
Toto Kutunio - L'italiano (Lasciate mi cantare)

80s rock

Van Halen - Jump
Bryan Adams - Summer of 69
Dire Straits - walk of life

90s dance/pop

Jennifer Lopez    - waiting for tonight
Gigi d'agnostino - The Riddle
Tom Jones - Sex bomb
Culture Beat - Mr. Vain
A*Teens - Super Trooper
Lean Rimes - Can't fight the moonlight (Coyote ugly soundtrack)
ATC - Around the world
Vengaboys - We're going to Ibiza
Vengaboys - Shalala
Vengaboys - Boom Boom Boom Boom
Celine Dion - My heart will go on (Titanic soundtrack)
Natalie Imbruglia - Torn
UB40 - Can't help falling in love
Shaggy - Angel
Blue Mountain - Baby I love your way

Okay.  It's Christmas.  Are you going to release today?  I'm ready to buy but nowhere to spend.  :  )

Yes they are all ready. Just I need to load them to keyboard to do minor adjustment to voicing, but I can't to that, because memory of my X5000 is full and there is no way to delete all loaded styles - you have to delete them one by one.  So I'm seriously considering renting MZ-X500 today, to batch load these styles there and check the sounding.

But since you insist, I'm attaching them here as they are.

And for the money, I'm not making any money on this - all income will go to Ukrainian kids, here in republic of Georgia we have plenty of them as refugees now, so all income will be used to buy them clothes and some new year gifts.

Even $1 donation will be gladly accepted.

My paypal email is enjeyn @ gmail com  (I'm deliberately adding spaces to it to prevent spam bot attack) 

Send whatever amount you feel comfortable, and I'll respond with the password to this archive.

If any style sounds bad, let me know and I'll fix it ASAP.

xmas.rar

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Here is update to above rhythm package - the sounds I've created for CT-X3000/5000. These sounds are as closely matched to original sounds listed, as possible.

DontGo - 80s synth saw brass, Roland Jupiter and others. One of the most prominent uses is Yazoo - "Don't go", hence the sound name.

PhatSaw - 90s smooth, phat saw lead, with multiple uses. Directly it can be used for playing intro for Snap - "Rhythm is a dancer". When layered as 2nd voice with "TowerSaw" from that same package, it can be used for the following songs: Van Halen - "Jump", Huey Lewis - "Power of love", Heather Parisi - "Cicale" and many, many others.

PoppyPop - resonant/delayed saw chords, best used for chords in Axel F Theme.

Reasure - There are two variations of this tone, one with delay and one - without. Set it to layers, where non-delay version is at left hand, and version with delays is at right hand - now you can play PPK -"Resurrection" almost identical to original sound.

FinalCnt - Synth brass lead, best suited for Europe - "Final Countdown"

Amadeus - Synth lead for the Falco - "Rock me Amadeus" song.

AnDromed - Modern saw lead, best suited for "Coffin dance", Alice Deejay - "Better off alone" and other 90s euro dance acts.

AllSheSa - Special sound for intro chords for Tatu - "All the things she said"

OrgVibe - 60's mellotron organ vibes sound. Can be used for all these retro songs.

Vertigo - Modern EDM synth lead for various song use.

JA-Sounds.rar

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A quick creation - style for Bass Hunter - "All I ever wanted (to play a little DOTA)". Also good for O-Zone - "Dragostea din tei" (These songs both use same chord progression btw). Please note, sounds are optimized for MZ-X500, so most likely, on other Casio keyboards, you'll need to re-voice the style.

Preview is included.

DOTAHUNT.AC7

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 12/26/2022 at 11:48 AM, Just Alex said:

Yes they are all ready. Just I need to load them to keyboard to do minor adjustment to voicing, but I can't to that, because memory of my X5000 is full and there is no way to delete all loaded styles - you have to delete them one by one.  So I'm seriously considering renting MZ-X500 today, to batch load these styles there and check the sounding.

But since you insist, I'm attaching them here as they are.

And for the money, I'm not making any money on this - all income will go to Ukrainian kids, here in republic of Georgia we have plenty of them as refugees now, so all income will be used to buy them clothes and some new year gifts.

Even $1 donation will be gladly accepted.

My paypal email is enjeyn @ gmail com  (I'm deliberately adding spaces to it to prevent spam bot attack) 

Send whatever amount you feel comfortable, and I'll respond with the password to this archive.

If any style sounds bad, let me know and I'll fix it ASAP.

xmas.rar 316.62 kB · 40 downloads

Sorry, I'm to young to have coins or money, can i have this style without money? i will use your style to play for parent, for grandparent and more

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Алекс, твоя работа "Крис де Бург - Дама в красном" очень неплохо звучит на 6200. Тема композиции "бесконечна" и можно применять этот стиль во многих зарисовках. Спасибо. Удачи!

FB_IMG_16264565153276548.jpg

Hi Alex,

do you know of any tutorials, aside from the official Casio tutorial, that you would recommend for creating rhythms on the keyboard CT-X5000? Additionally, I'm curious to know if it's feasible to send MIDI from any Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) to the keyboard and record the generated rhythms. If you could share your experiences and guide me through the process you've followed, I'd be eager to contribute to this area.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best regards,

Pakdad

Another 60s classic - Del Shannon - "Runaway".

This style comes in two versions, one for all casio keyboards (file ends with X) and one for MZ-X series keyboards (file ends with 5).

The difference is that "normal" file uses built-in sounds, but the MZ-X version uses a "Telstar" sound for characteristic sound for intro and ending. For it to function properly, you have to load the "Telstar" sound into position 881 on your keyboard. 

RUNAWAYX.AC7 RUNAWAY5.AC7

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Since ItaloDisco is gaining popularity again, especially since the Georgian Cover of Kolors - ItaloDisco become viral on tiktok, I've made a quick style for all you to enjoy.

There are 4 variations, each adding more and more instruments, but there are no intro/ending  or fill-ins -too lazy currently to do them. Here is the preview: 

https://whyp.it/tracks/140998/new-italo-disco-style-played-on-mz-x500?token=ftYWb

It is played on MZ-X500 with my custom 80s sound pack.

Can be used for above mentioned Kolors - ItaloDisco, Danuta - Touch My heart, Lian Ross - Say you never, Ivan - Fotonovela and many, many others.

NEWITALO.AC7

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did a little research, and created a script that parses the yamaha .STY files and by applying some filters, to sort out styles, that will sound well on casio. It is far from perfect, but quite usable, so here are the first results - 550 styles converted from Yamaha. I tested about 20 of them and they sound well on MZ-X500, and they should sound well on other casios, too. There are many duplicates, but you can remove them with duplicate file finder, prior loading to keyboard. Enjoy!

somestyles.rar

• Like 1
  • Love 1