Video Files on Forum ×

Rhythm Conversions

Just Alex

While haven't done anything interesting yet (too busy with other projects), at least have some information. Most styles, converted from Korg keyboards, have very specific structure, so while they're playable on Yamaha, they won't work on Casio as intended. This is why I've failed with conversion of country styles from Korg....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of people are interested in relatively modern, high quality styles, available in so called "packs" for Yamaha keyboard. My good suggestion is to forget about converting them, because while they technically use styles, they heavily rely on samples - for example, instead of of single drum sound, there is a tiny loop recorded. Same for phrases and sequences. So in style file there will be just rhytmic garbage. I'm attaching a mp3 file for reference - it was created on Yamaha (not by me), using one of such expansion packs, which has a lot new samples. So if I even be able to convert it to casio, it just won't sound.

acdemo.mp3

2 hours ago, Just Alex said:

Was checking my archive and found a style, working on which I started back in 1997!. I was using Sound Blaster AWE64 and Band-In-A-Box then. Here's quick demo :) Anyone needs a style like this? should I port it to Casio...

technospeak.mp3 427.35 kB · 1 download

Hi Alex this style is very nice and this would be great to have it on Casio. I don’t agree that it is best to use GM sounds. Actually I bought the CT-X800 esp. because I think that the rhythms sound so much better with the AiX sounds.

Edited by vbdx66
Typos

Here it is, the my old style I've finished just now.

This is great 90s dance/club style, with some pizzicato strings added. Harmonically, based on "Don't speak" by No Doubt, but set to dance mood :)

It has nice intro, nice ending, all 4 parts and fill-ins.

Some instrument sounds, like piano chords in part C, are not yet optimized, but it is still quite usable.

Special thanks to a forum member, which helped with ac7 style joiner (this file was made in two parts, using the excel converter, one had A/B parts and another had C/D parts and they were merged using his converter)

TechnoSpeak.ac7

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm making some more advanced styles, mainly for 80-90's synthpop, like Kylie Minogue, A-ha, ABC, Sabrina, Erasure and so on. These styles do require custom sounds to sound better. So in which range I should save them to not interfere with your own custom sounds? at the beginning of the custom sounds, say locations 801-810 or at the end, say at 890-900 (or whatever it is). 

This is conversion from Yamaha's "Entertainer pack" -  "DiscoFoxSchlager" - quite universal and well endowed style, with nice intro/ending. Suitable for Eruption, Modern Talking and anything else from 80s, what you can hear on GoldStar TV channel (German folks will understand :D ) I've adjusted a couple of sounds, to better suit CT-X voice capabilities, so now it sounds way better than from direct conversion.

Schlager.AC7

• Thanks 1

Was experimenting with voices, and discovered that some synth sounds better sound when played as guitar, compared to "native" guitar sounds :D

This is the very simple style, usable for BoneyM - "Bahama mama" and other, similar style disco songs. But voices are from 90's trance style era, so sound quite interesting :)

Bahama.AC7

• Thanks 1

Alex, could you upload these to the downloads style section perhaps? I would love to be able to get all these styles, some of the Yamaha ones are suitable for Indonesian or similar Asian music especially the electronic style ones and schlager/80s style ones.

Sorry I didn't get what you mean, you're having trouble downloading these styles from here?

Or you want me upload something different, like styles used for Indonesian music?

Unfortunately, I do not have any Yamaha styles for Indonesian music (actually, maybe there are some, just I don't know their names) since my knowledge in Indonesian music is limited within 3 songs - Didi Kempot - Cucak Rowo, Barakatak - Buka Bukaan, Tika & Tresna - inek :D but if you will provide some, I can convert them.

Meanwhile, while Casio AC7 format lacks many useful features Yamaha styles have, we have another, but very useful feature, which Yamaha lacks - our fill ins can be as long as we like, and on Yamaha, they're limited with 1 measure long fill-ins! :P

I'm interested in these styles. Keep in mind with the Karo styles there may be a bell thing (vibes, marimba, such like that) which you can replace with a sound from the China kit which has a similar vibe to the actual songs (around the highest octave and a little below) which also has some similar percussion to the KN2600 keyboard used in these songs.

Cha Cha Tor.sty gendang pakpak.sty Gondang elek2.S379.STY GONDANG REaGE.STY GONDANG RUMBA.S628.STY KARO CEPATSKLI.S837.STY KARO LAMBAT.S449.STY KAROMIX.STY Patam Patam.STY reggae Batak.s854.STY TOR TOR.S837.STY Tor Tor.STY ZAPIN.STY TOR-TOR KARO.STY