Video Files on Forum ×

PX-560M User Preset Export

stevecoscia

Hello Steve-I think you re asking about the preset arrangements with the chord progressions automatically built into the factory "presets" as in Page 46 in the manual-and the ones you can modify or create and save as a user preset. If so, I know of no function on my 560 that can do anything further than saving your custom user presets as a Casio .ZMP file. I'm not even sure these can be recorded to external software in real time, never tried that and that is not what you are asking about I think. I looked at the manual and it does not specify if the music preset arrangements send out the data to the midi out ports, will have try it. If so, at least you could record your preset in real time, save it as a midi file and edit it with software. But then it can not be saved as a .ZMP-I know of no Casio or any other editor that can do this type of conversion. All you could do is play it back into the 560, or import it as a midi file to play with the 560 midi song recorder which does play midis.  I have done that, have a huge collection of .mid's on my thumb drive-most are playing pretty accurately in terms of GM sounds anyway. Whether the presets will record, save as a midi file and play back accurately to the 560, never tried that either. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks Brad and Jokeyman, for the quick reply.  Yes Jokeyman, you got it right - that's what I was trying to do. It didn't hurt to ask, right?

I have since begun the job of expanding a 100+ measure preset by inserting lots of new measures and doing a bunch of button pushing. Happy days.

Take care, guys.

Steve-

Following up on this. I monitored midi output (with Midiox) when playing back presets-and got no response at all. Just to double-check-I ran an auto-accompaniment rhythm, monitored with Midiox-and ll midi channels I expected to send did so. Apparently the preset songs do not send midi data out, so not even able to record these to midi, only as audio. Sorry I couldn't give you better info. I've been penciling down some of the more difficult chord progressions to practice-the Coltrane progression is pretty mind-blowing at tempo, eessshhh! Old-fashioned, but it works.